Other Humminbird Products > Accessories

Inside the 360?

(1/3) > >>

Rickard:
Hi,

Has anyone dismantled a HB 360 imaging? I have plans for a sector scan gear and the 360 could be a good platform. However, from screenshots and other sources the rotating array seems too short resulting in a wide beam. I would like to install a better (=longer) array and need information on how the 360 is constructed. Images of a dismantled 360 would be most helpful.

Regards,
Rickard

D S:
rickard
 what software will you use for the rotating array?

I went ahead and built a rotating scanner as per DR depth 360 instruction froam a few years ago
 but company was sold before I could get a copy of the XTOOLS set to run the unit I too am interested in making my own 360 scanner operational ...just need software for the polar display
DS

bigkahuna:
Here's a drawing of the interior taken from H-Bird's patent application:  http://www.google.com/patents/US20130215719

Rickard:
Thanks, I should have thought of the patent file myself. Very interesting and helpful document! It should be possible to make a wider housing to accomodate longer arrays. The housing contains oil. I suppose one needs a specific oil that doesn't dissolve the components. And can the stepper motor move larger/longer transducers arms through the oil? I understand I need to think this over more than twice. Also, I want to immerse the gear close the sea floor so it must withstand high pressure.

Dave, I will use a Humminbird head unit that is compatible with the 360. I would ask around for a copy of the XTOOLS. ....or write your own control program for your computer.... If Per could do it, why can't we do it?  ::)

Rickard

D S:
rickard  not sure but I think that may be over my head to write software?
i looked at a script from national instruments  (PI.vbi ) for polar display ...but didn't know where to start

so further to the last post is there anyone out there that has a copy of DR DEPTH XTOOLS to share???
so I can complete my project..
DS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version