Author Topic: ReefMaster screenshots  (Read 18757 times)

Offline matt@reefmaster

• Unit(s): 997
  • Software: 4.75
ReefMaster screenshots
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:46:11 AM »
Hi,
Here are a series of screen shots from ReefMaster, showing a few of the key features and how your underwater maps might end up looking.
Don't forget you can try all of the features (with no limitations) for 14 days, and that the most of waypoint and track management functions are available in the free edition.

This screen shows the contour and 3D views of the map of a reef out of Sdyney, Australia. The data for this reef is included in the demo workspace that ships with the application.
The mapped area is about 500m long and 200 wide. The large number of different colored waypoints were collected over a bunch of different fishing sessions - most of them mark fish or bait.It's easy to overlay different waypoint groups, and export a selection back to your unit.
Waypoints can be dragged around in 2D or 3D for precise location on interesting structure.

This is how contours look from the above map, on a Humminbird 997. Exported as a single, segmented track with a solid line style selected.
In day to day fishing of this reef, having just a single waypoint to navigate to, and the definition of the drop-off is plenty to find the fish.
You can select the actual contours that you want to show on your unit using the mouse, and save them in a map so that they can be exported with a single click.

The image above shows the edit screen of a user map. Here I am entering the boundaries of a marine sanctuary zone in Hervey Bay, Australia. You can draw outlines with the pen tool, or enter precise points by hand.

This is how those marine zones look on a Humminbird 997. Again, these are exported as a single, segmented track and I have selected a solid line style in the track styles menu.
Since these zones have only 4-5 points each, and Humminbird allows over 21000 points per track, you could quite comfortably enter every marine park in Australia as a single track.
As you zoom in, the lines remain the same thickness, providing a very useful reference when fishing near the edges of the zones (big fines apply!).

This is the track edit screen, which provides simple cropping, deleting and filtering operations as well as tide adjustment (ReefMaster does not provide tide information, but can interface with some third party tide applications - you can also enter points by hand on a per-track basis and ReefMaster will interpolate the water level offsets).
Although tracks in ReefMaster are primarily used as the source of mapping information, its also easy to edit tracks that you want to re-export to your unit - eg, the route out of a creek mouth.

On the waypoint management side of things, ReefMaster supports an unlimited number of groups, and its simple to copy or move waypoints between them.

Its also easy to import Humminbird screen snapshots along with the associated waypoint - these are attached to the waypont on import and are easily viewed.

The Waypoint editing window is clean and simple - unlimited notes and images can be attached to any waypoint.

Data Sets are a powerful feature that let you group together GPS assets, so that  you can export the same set of data easily in the future. In this example, I have a set of waypoints, plus a couple of user maps outlining marine zones, as well as several tracks that I know will get me through certain areas at low tide. This data can all be exported with a single click.

If any of that has whetted your appetite at all - give it a try!

thanks,
Matt
ReefMaster - Waypoint Management and Underwater Mapping Software for Fishermen

Offline Nitro78

• French frog
  • French frog!
  • Unit(s): Solix mega
  • Accessories: TM265 LH + 2 side imagin transdeucer an
Re: ReefMaster screenshots
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 12:36:04 PM »
Map done with RM in French Harbour Cherbourg:

Not finish yet! ;D

Offline abraquelebout

• volunteer rescue diver, surfer, publicist, submarine archaeology
  • Unit(s): 898, 1198, helix G2
  • Software: deep,,drdepht,reef.
  • Accessories: towfish lowbird /LSS2-hdsi, 60mcable
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 05:30:31 AM »
hi Nitro
Great job  ;)

Offline Rickard

• Unit(s): 999, 981, M37, LowBird-1, LowBird-2
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 06:16:30 AM »
Hi Nitro,

I agree, great job! I would love to make similar maps of some areas along our coast, but.... we have a law in Sweden that prohibits mapping of the sea. This law is a cold war relic that sadly got relevance recently due to alien under water activity. We thought the law was going to vanish and now things develop in the opposite direction. I hope you will be allowed to continue with mapping your waters and that the political climate won't create more restrictions.

Rickard

Offline Nitro78

• French frog
  • French frog!
  • Unit(s): Solix mega
  • Accessories: TM265 LH + 2 side imagin transdeucer an
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 11:43:32 AM »
On part in white because forbidenn area, for part of harbourd where french nuclear submarin are built.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo