Author Topic: Multiple maps with Autochart  (Read 8245 times)

Offline G.R.U.F.

• Unit(s): Humminbird 899ci HD SI Combo
Multiple maps with Autochart
« on: February 16, 2016, 11:32:29 PM »
Can you put more than one lake on the  AutoChart Zero Lines map card

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Re: Multiple maps with Autochart
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:40:06 PM »
Zero Line card

Specifications

32 GB SD card containing zero lines for with over 140,000 named water bodies and over 1.75 million unnamed water bodies in the United States and over 96,000 named water bodies and over 3.85 million unnamed water bodies in Canada. Plus there is 16 GB of free space to maintain your custom maps.

16 GB will hold a lot of lakes ...

Rickie

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
  • Unit(s): 899CI SI HD,1199SI HD, Helix 12 SI GEN3
  • Software: current
  • Accessories: ALL, and a HW ducer for the Helix 12 2D
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »
Zero Line card

Specifications

32 GB SD card containing zero lines for with over 140,000 named water bodies and over 1.75 million unnamed water bodies in the United States and over 96,000 named water bodies and over 3.85 million unnamed water bodies in Canada. Plus there is 16 GB of free space to maintain your custom maps.

16 GB will hold a lot of lakes ...

Rickie

Doesa  person have to buy a Lakemaster chip to use Autochart?   

Offline rnvinc

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 10:00:26 PM »
Doesa  person have to buy a Lakemaster chip to use Autochart?   

Mapping created with the PC based AutoChart or AutoChart Pro must be put onto the LakeMaster Zero Lines card to be used as a LakeMaster map card in the units ...

AutoChart Live can be stored in the unit memory or moved to the LakeMaster Zero Lines card ...

None of the AutoChart products can be loaded to a regular SD Card and used as a LakeMaster mapping card ...

Sonar recordings and track recordings will use a regular SD Card ...but only for getting that data into the AutoChart PC program ...

The Zero Lines card becomes a regular LakeMaster map card ...which can be used in the unit as is ... or overlayed onto LakeMaster data from another LakeMaster map card ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:06:15 PM by rnvinc »

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 10:22:49 PM »
Mapping created with the PC based AutoChart or AutoChart Pro must be put onto the LakeMaster Zero Lines card to be used as a LakeMaster map card in the units ...

AutoChart Live can be stored in the unit memory or moved to the LakeMaster Zero Lines card ...

None of the AutoChart products can be loaded to a regular SD Card and used as a LakeMaster mapping card ...

Sonar recordings and track recordings will use a regular SD Card ...but only for getting that data into the AutoChart PC program ...

The Zero Lines card becomes a regular LakeMaster map card ...which can be used in the unit as is ... or overlayed onto LakeMaster data from another LakeMaster map card ...

Rickie

So...are you telling me if I have a Helix 10 I have to buy another piece of software to use the Helix 10's built in Autochart software?

Offline rnvinc

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 02:07:24 AM »
So...are you telling me if I have a Helix 10 I have to buy another piece of software to use the Helix 10's built in Autochart software?

No ... The AutoChart Live feature built into the HELIX 9, 10, and 12 has 8 hours of internal memory capacity ...

After that 8 hour segment of unit memory is used ... The AutoChart mapping starts overwriting the earliest map data created ...

If you want more than the 8 hours of internal memory mapping capability ... You must buy a Zero Lines card ...

Rickie

Offline fishreed

• fishreed
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 07:49:44 AM »
No ... The AutoChart Live feature built into the HELIX 9, 10, and 12 has 8 hours of internal memory capacity ...

After that 8 hour segment of unit memory is used ... The AutoChart mapping starts overwriting the earliest map data created ...

If you want more than the 8 hours of internal memory mapping capability ... You must buy a Zero Lines card ...

Rickie

So what happens if I have an empty  16gb SD card in the other memory slot? 

Offline rnvinc

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 10:26:27 PM »
So what happens if I have an empty  16gb SD card in the other memory slot? 

Nothing ... AutoChart map data can only be put on the Zero Lines card ...

The regular SD Card can be used for Sonar recordings or exporting track data to ... And then uploaded into the AutoChart PC program for conversion to map data ...

You can create AutoChart Live to internal memory and record sonar data to the regular SD Card at the same time ...

Rickie

Offline rnvinc

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 10:28:24 PM »
The AutoChart Live and the AutoChart PC stuff are 2 completely different animals ...and cannot be intertwined in any way at this time ...

Rickie

Offline ricqik

• Unit(s): 2@1199, 360
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 07:19:32 AM »
Does that apply to zero line sd card. If I insert a zero line sd card in a helix 9,10,12, will it record live mapping onto the card or do I still have to record to a regular sd card then convert through pc and reload into zero line to work.

Offline rnvinc

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 10:30:27 AM »
Does that apply to zero line sd card. If I insert a zero line sd card in a helix 9,10,12, will it record live mapping onto the card or do I still have to record to a regular sd card then convert through pc and reload into zero line to work.

If you have AutoChart Live data already stored in the HELIX 9, 10, 12 memory ... It will be automatically transferred to the Zero Line card when you insert the Zero Line card ... The unit also immediately erases the internal memory of AutoChart Live data ...(in other words you get no choice whether to transfer internal AutoChart Live data to the Zero Lines card ... And you get no choice that the internal memory is erased of AutoChart Live data) ...

I'm still trying to find verification that AutoChart Live data can be written directly to the Zero Lines card in the HELIX series... (It is an option in ONIX) ...

Rickie

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:53:43 AM by rnvinc »

Offline rnvinc

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 10:44:47 AM »
record to a regular sd card then convert through pc and reload into zero line to work.

Any Sonar recording cannot be used for AutoChart Live data ...

Sonar recordings and saved track data can only be utilized via a regular SD card, imported into the AutoChart PC product, rendered into mapping data, loaded onto the Zero Lines card, used in any LakeMaster capable HB unit ...

The AutoChart Live product is completely different from AutoChart PC and AutoChart Pro PC products ...

Both products do use the Zero Line card ...because the Zero Line card will be a regular LakeMaster mapping card (but with your personal mapping data) ...

It's confusing because HB uses the same "AutoChart" moniker for both the AutoChart Live product and the AutoChart PC products ...

Capturing the data/manipulating the data into custom maps/using the custom map data/ which units will utilize which AutoChart product are not the same ...

AutoChart Live mapping data can only be used in AutoChart Live capable units ...

AutoChart PC mapping data can be captured/rendered into mapping data and used in any LakeMaster capable HB unit ...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:02:26 AM by rnvinc »

Offline ricqik

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 11:31:12 AM »
If you have AutoChart Live data already stored in the HELIX 9, 10, 12 memory ... It will be automatically transferred to the Zero Line card when you insert the Zero Line card ... The unit also immediately erases the internal memory of AutoChart Live data ...(in other words you get no choice whether to transfer internal AutoChart Live data to the Zero Lines card ... And you get no choice that the internal memory is erased of AutoChart Live data) ...

I'm still trying to find verification that AutoChart Live data can be written directly to the Zero Lines card in the HELIX series... (It is an option in ONIX) ...

Rickie

Cool, no more messing around with pc.

Offline ricqik

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 06:03:19 PM »

Rickie
This got me thinking. If what you say above is true. Then one could simply map with a helix 9,10,12 and insert zeroline card and voila, no autochart pc needed. Ready to insert the now plug and play zeroline card into core units such as 1199s. Am I right.

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 09:30:24 PM »
Unfortunately an Autochart Live map won't work on the core units....only units that have Autochart Live built in.
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline ricqik

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 09:47:52 PM »
Unfortunately an Autochart Live map won't work on the core units....only units that have Autochart Live built in.
aw shux.

Offline rnvinc

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 10:26:52 AM »
Any Sonar recording cannot be used for AutoChart Live data ...

Sonar recordings and saved track data can only be utilized via a regular SD card, imported into the AutoChart PC product, rendered into mapping data, loaded onto the Zero Lines card, used in any LakeMaster capable HB unit ...

The AutoChart Live product is completely different from AutoChart PC and AutoChart Pro PC products ...

Both products do use the Zero Line card ...because the Zero Line card will be a regular LakeMaster mapping card (but with your personal mapping data) ...

It's confusing because HB uses the same "AutoChart" moniker for both the AutoChart Live product and the AutoChart PC products ...

Capturing the data/manipulating the data into custom maps/using the custom map data/ which units will utilize which AutoChart product are not the same ...

AutoChart Live mapping data can only be used in AutoChart Live capable units

AutoChart PC mapping data can be captured/rendered into mapping data and used in any LakeMaster capable HB unit ...

I guess I put so much info in my explaination that the above in blue was missed ... Sorry ...

Rickie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo