Our Community > Forum Info

Embedding Youtube video without "related videos"

(1/2) > >>

rnvinc:
Embedding Youtube videos into a forum post is simple enough....

How do I embed the Youtube video without the "related videos" showing up when the video is finished playing in the post...?

I find it very unnecessary and sometimes inappropriate of the "related video" choices Youtube wants to advertise at the end of my embedded video into the forum...

Researching Google indicates to add "?rel=0" to the end of the youtube URL in the forum message pane but it does not seem to work....

Rickie

bsmith:
Hi Rickie if you click on embed video next to the "share" there is an option already checked " Show suggested videos when the video finishes" just uncheck this option and it should work for you, perform this before copying the code.

Brett

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: bsmith on May 28, 2013, 06:30:43 AM ---Hi Rickie if you click on embed video next to the "share" there is an option already checked " Show suggested videos when the video finishes" just uncheck this option and it should work for you, perform this before copying the code.

Brett

--- End quote ---

This does not work when copy and pasting the URL into the forum message pane...

When unchecking the "Show related videos".....the "?rel=0" is, indeed added to the HTML code but I can find no way to use the HTML code to embed a video into the sideimagingsoft forum...

Also, no change is indicated in the Youtube URL to copy and paste after unchecking "Show related videos"...

Also..manually adding the "?rel=0" to the Youtube URL and pasting it into the sideimagingsoft forum does not eliminate the Youtube related videos advertisement at the end of playing the video in the forum...

Rickie

rnvinc:
And I did, indeed uncheck the "Show related videos" before I tried the copy and paste....

Rickie

Drifter:
Rickie,

Since Google took over, Youtube is hard to handle. They basically pick off anything you send it and redirect you so they can hose you with adds. Even if you put the code new code they give you in an HTML wrapper with the ?rel=0, you will still get the overlaid "Adds by Google" with the X option.

--- Code: ---<iframe width="420" height="315" src="[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/kvA0pd_1MxQ?r[/youtube]el=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

--- End code ---

Looks like if you use the old code ...

--- Code: ---<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/kvA0pd_1MxQ?h[/youtube]l=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/kvA0pd_1MxQ?h[/youtube]l=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

--- End code ---

You can duck it "for now", but then all you can do is post a link to the webpage via the Simple Machines forum BBC code ...

Sample Link

Darrell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version