Side Imaging Forums > 598c SI HD

HB 597ci hd di wattage?

(1/3) > >>

roadx:
on the HB site HB claims 500w RMS for the 597ci hd di but on the packaging(back of box) it claims 300w RMS. what the deal? and which spec is right? or is traditional sonar 500w and DI 300w ??? it's really not explained how i can understand.
http://store.humminbird.com/products/410761/597ci_HD_DI_Combo

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/attachments/fishing-electronics-trolling-motors/62436d1306015351-talked-my-wife-into-getting-me-597ci-hd-di-photo068.jpg

thanks for your time

Humminbird_Greg:
500w RMS.  The boxes were printed with the wrong information.

roadx:
thank you for the explanation.
seals the deal, going to pick one up  ;D

gooral:
Hi.

I'm having troubles with my 597ci hd di combo unit. Manual says it has around 0,6A power consumption (from top of my head).
First I bought a 7Ah battery (hoping to get one 10-12h day of it or 2 days with switching unit off every time anchored or at shallow).
Set alarm to 10V. Most of occasions after around 7h i would get alarm of low V. In worst case it happened after about 5h - I Pushed it as far as i could using it and switching back on till i drained battery totaly but didn't get more than extra hour this way.

So i got myself a 12Ah battery - used it on the water for 5-7hours+ at home (transducer in the air) for another 5 and it dropped to 11.7V (according to my data it is about 80% discharge and it was just about time to disconnect battery and charge it )- so again max 10h.
I think I shouldn't discharge standard battery to more than 20% of charge if i want to use it for more than 3 times ;)

Batteries are brand new so is the unit and the charger. is it possible that batteries would "stretch" a little bit after few charging cycles?
Or maybe the power consumption of the unit (with recording data and split screen running etc) is bigger than it says on the box/in the manual? (i actually got an idea to put an amp meter in between battery and unit tomorrow...).
Previously i had battery connectors crimped on the oryginal cables. Now i have it soldered to gold plated socket (fitted under the bench to minimise contact with water) and gold plated plug fitted onto the battery (just to make sure of good contact as boat is in the garden and in Irish weather contact were rusting in matters of days...). I really wanted to get at least of 15-18h out of single charge...
is this normal or I do something wrong?

sonar2000:
Hmmmm...dont really know.  We use two 6amphr batteries on our 1197 and get over 12 hours..
And still have 11 volts....

Thats backlite and recording in use also.......
chuck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version