General > General Discussion

Poll - What size SD Card do you use?

<< < (12/12)

Mark Saikaley:

--- Quote from: George on May 20, 2009, 09:17:28 AM ---inshorecatch

It depends on how much you want to spend.  I use a Sandisk 4 GB Extreme III cards, purchased from Amazon.  I have found this to be enough for what I do.  At the end of each day I download the card to my computer for viewing.  These files will take up a lot of room over time, so when done I move them to another harddrive for later viewing.

Also, I have a small sd card which is used just for updating my system with the latest revisions.

Depending on how you use your system, you can go up to 32 GB card (is the largest card available to date).  Everything I have read so far suggest that the Sanddisk Extreme III card is the best choice.  If you go online and punch in what you want with Best Price chance are you will find some good deals.

Robert, is it possible to add the make and model # of the cards being used?  I think that some folks have had some problems with some cards.

George

--- End quote ---

I am using an old cheap 3gb card I had been using for a an old camera when 3gb use to be a lot. I havent had any space issues on my 997 csi and I rarely clear it. I mostly take pics whenever I mark fish constantly and take the occasional recording but had not recorded much. Whatever goes on ther by default would be on this card as well if its saving tracks. I have not received card full warnings. I only did once recently but it didnt re occur and think it was when changing charts or something. My impresiosn was my 997 C SI didnt use up much storage space. I havent had any issues of any kind with this very old storage card. But maybe the older ones were made better too so not sure if this helps anyone

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version