Author Topic: New Release: Shorelines and colour cycled contours for HB  (Read 5563 times)

Offline matt@reefmaster

• Unit(s): 997
  • Software: 4.75
New Release: Shorelines and colour cycled contours for HB
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »
ReefMaster version 1.2 includes a whole host of new features along with visual and performance improvements.

ila_rendered
Map boundaries – shorelines and islands
Draw or import shorelines and islands to provide edges to your maps, with optional depth information to interpolate depth values right up to the water’s edge. Boundaries can be created directly within the ReefMaster application, or imported from Google™ Earth KML or KMZ files, GPX files, or from any track within the workspace.
Shorelines not only make your maps look better, they can be exported to Lowrance LCM files as “lake features”, giving you great-looking maps on your GPS unit (see Enhanced LCM Export, below). Humminbird™ users can export shorelines as separate tracks, so that they be shown in a different style to contours on the GPS display.

ila_rendered

Enhanced 3D view, with 3D land image overlays
The 3D view has been updated to show contour lines with depth value, along with a new feature to show image overlays on the land areas of your maps. This not only looks great, it also provides a great deal of extra information when viewing your 3D models; picture exactly where underwater features are in relation to landmarks. Of course, you can still drag and drop your waypoints in full 3D.

ila_rendered

Big increase in maximum map size
Users of 64 bit operating systems benefit from a large increase in the maximum map size. If your machine has the memory, ReefMaster will now let you create 10km square (or even bigger!) maps. A million plus track points? Not a problem!
The maximum size of exported map images has also been increased. Again, memory permitting, you can now export images suitable for poster-size printing.

Colour-cycled Humminbird™ contour export
Humminbird™ users – you don’t need to be the “poor relation” when it comes to displaying your maps on your GPS units. New, flexible export options for map contours lets you export separate tracks for shorelines and minor contours, as well as separate tracks for different depth contour lines. Style these separate tracks in different ways on your GPS unit to highlight shorelines and show the depth gradient in contour maps.

ila_rendered

A section of near-shore reef, showing a separate track-style for minor contours (dotted lines) and colour cycled major contours.

Enhanced Lowrance™ LCM export
LCM maps with defined shorelines and island show as bodies of water within the Lowrance™ base map. Modifications have also been made for metric export which can account for differences in the way that different Lowrance™ units interpret depth values.

Detail from a map generated from the American Lake map (shown in 3D, above), exported as an LCM file and shown on a Lowrance™ Elite 5 emulator.

Import depth data from CSV
Support for the import of text-based CSV (Comma Separated Values) files in the form Latitude, Longitude, Depth(m). This extremely simple file format gives extra flexibility with regard to data sources, and also works directly with the data export files of some existing mapping packages.
ReefMaster - Waypoint Management and Underwater Mapping Software for Fishermen

Offline D S

• Unit(s): 1198 ,798hd , ipilot link and 360tm
  • Software: 7.5
  • Accessories: HDSI reefmaster Dr Depth autocharts pro
Re: New Release: Shorelines and colour cycled contours for HB
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »
matt ......looks impressive .....!!!!
cant wait to give it a try
dave
stgr

Offline Kokanee

• Unit(s): 598ci HD SI w/HDSI xducer , 561, 400ID
  • Software: 6.460
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:38:17 PM »
Matt,

The new shoreline release is a breeze to use. I had five lakes here in western Washington waiting for shorelines and islands, and finished three of them last night. The only problem I ran into (it was not with your program) was when I put the contour map into Google Earth, the scales were not the same. My contour data exceeded the size of the GE lake. Another project had an offset with GE. As I am still a newbie at this, how do I correct this?

Attached are a few maps that are ready for our local fishing website.
Oncorhynchus nerka

Offline matt@reefmaster

• Unit(s): 997
  • Software: 4.75
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:57:50 AM »
Hi Kokanee,
That's interesting and not a problem we have seen before. I have sent you a mail asking for a bit more information so we can get to the bottom of what is going on, but the short answer is that, no - it shouldn't happen!

thanks,
matt
ReefMaster - Waypoint Management and Underwater Mapping Software for Fishermen

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo