Author Topic: XM9 MDI T vs XNT 9 DI T  (Read 1877 times)

Offline FishinLite

• Unit(s): 9 SI, 9 DI, AS ETH5PXG, I-Link, 360
  • Software: 7.765
  • Accessories: HD Side Imaging Transducer
XM9 MDI T vs XNT 9 DI T
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:43:29 AM »
I bought a used Helix 9 DI G1 off of ebay to replace a 859 I had on the bow of my boat. The ebay ad said that it came with a new transducer. When I unpacked my purchase the new transducer was a XM9 MDI T.  I went to the HB website and found that the XM9 transducer is for a Helix Chirp Mega DI head unit and the transducer that  originally used with the G1 and the 859 head units was a XNT 9 DI T.  I plugged the XM9 transducer into the G1 head unit and power it up on my bench. The head unit appeared to recognize the  transducer (temp and connected transducer freq.).

Now the questions.

Should I install the new XM9 transducer on my trolling motor, and replace the XNT transducer that is currently there.

Will the XM9 transducer function properly with my new to me G1 head unit.

Or do I just plug my existing XNT from my 859 into my Helix 9 G1  and go blissfully down the road.  :)

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Re: XM9 MDI T vs XNT 9 DI T
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »
XM 9 MDI T has Dual Spectrum Low "Q" 2d and regular DI  ...

The DI will be the same if used with a DI G2, DI G2N, or DI MEGA G2N  ...

XM 9 MDI T used with DI g1 would be somewhat lesser because DI G1 cannot transmit DI CHIRP - only fixed frequency DI  ...

2d performance (with the XM 9 MDI T) would be better on a DI MEGA G2N  ... because the head unit has the brains to fully utilize the Dual Spectrum Low "Q" 2d  ...

2d performance (with the XM 9 MDI T) in the NON-MEGA DI units should be similar to the other core series DI xducers ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:34:26 AM by rnvinc »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal