Author Topic: 1199ciHDsi Power Down Loop  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Swann

• The word IF is only 2 Letters But over 3miles Long
  • Unit(s): N/A
  • Software: N/A
  • Accessories: XNT9 QB90 Transducer
1199ciHDsi Power Down Loop
« on: October 25, 2022, 08:43:47 PM »
So herez the present dilemma:
I picked up a 2nd hand 1199ciHDsi w/ roughly 500+hrs on it & it goes thru a PowerDown Loop & the screen turns something-like the colors of the rainbow upon doing so. I did do a Factory Reset & The Latest Software Update is v7.790 But the problem still exists. Now I believe it was somewhere on this Forum that i found out the root problem had something 2do w/ Birdz Eye View? Meaning, leave Birdz Eye View Off & it should be ok? Furthermore, even w/No NAV Card in the SD Card Slot, The Map View of America is showing "Zone Rectangles" almost as IF there was a NavCard in the slot? Now is this simply an upgraded version of XD Contours or is the internal Memory cache not clearing properly? I know 4a fact my old 598ciHDsi only shows only a basic layout of the US & dont recall my old 1198cXSI (now sold) showing this level of XD Contour detail neither? Perhaps this is a Clue? Regardless, May I ask what the Final Sol'n was here? Was it 2simply operate w/o Birdz Eye View or 2perhaps risk "Bricking" & Revert Back 1 Software Revision? Thanks, Sandro.

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Re: 1199ciHDsi Power Down Loop
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 09:23:23 PM »
Does the unit successfully boot up without any SD Cards in the unit ??

If so - Format Nav Directories and then Restore Defaults under the Setup tab  ...

It sounds more like a corrupt waypoint causing gremlins  ...

Rickie

Offline Swann

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 08:46:42 AM »
Yes, it successfully boots-up so long as Birdz Eye View option is off But have yet 2thoroughly Test w/the other 2or3 Split-Screen options of Birdz Eye View - But so long as that "1st or Main Screen" option of Birdz Eye View is off - it will Boot-Up Successfully & run 4several hrs when connected 2a Good/Stable Power Supply.
Also, there is No SD Card in either slot... it just "looks like there is"... 2the point that it even caused me 2Flash a Light down the slot 2see if there was anything in there that might be causing this "visual difference" of the Base-Map SO Ur Theory Could Very Well Be The Right Diagnosis or Root-Cause Analysis of The Problem.
I will try just that and get back 2 U.
Thanks, Sandro.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 08:57:52 AM by Swann »

Offline Swann

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 07:58:02 PM »
Well Done Master Rickie ! That worked like a charm ! I knew the General XD Contour Map wasnt supposed 2have all those Zone Borders & Lake Contour Details w/No SD Card present. All seems well now.
Thanks Again ! Sandro.

Offline rnvinc

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 08:41:40 PM »
Did you open your waypoints in Humminbird PC and look for corrupt waypoints  ...??

Rickie

Offline Swann

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 08:52:13 PM »
I didnt bother b/c those WayPts were Not mine (& Not 2mention over 1000 miles away-LoL) although I could post the detailed response by H_B Support as per the steps one would need 2take in order 2try 2keep their WayPts while trying 2 weed-out potential faulty/corrupt Pts causing grief... ok, I will attach 2this thread shortly...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 12:42:16 AM by Swann »

Offline Swann

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 01:02:26 AM »
How2 Weed-Out Faulty/Corrupt Waypoints as per H_B Support ;

When corrupt Nav Data is suspected of being the cause of issues with your system, we would like you to take the following steps to check for this and clear out any possible bad information.

On the affected unit, export your nav data to a SD/MSD card. You will then need to insert the card into your computer that has HumminbirdPC loaded. If you do not have this program, you can download it here.

Upon opening your HumminbirdPC program, you will click on the Blue Down arrow under the icon of the SD card. This will download your data.

You will then have a .gpx file name appear beside your Computer icon that will be expandable. You will expand this and click on waypoints. Some things to check are:

1> Confirm that the names of all waypoints are accurate and that all waypoints have a name. They can be no more than 11 characters and cannot contain any Invalid Characters. Approved characters are as follows: , !, ', (, ), +, ,, -, ., /, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, :,?, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z, À, Á, Â, Ã, Ä, Å, Æ, Ç, È, É, Ê, Í, Î, Ï, Ñ, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, Ø, Ú, Û, Ü, Ý, ß, à, á, â, ã, ä, å, æ, ç, è, é, ê, í, î, ï, ñ, ó, ô, õ, ö, ø, ú, û, ü, ý, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Š, š, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Ž, ž, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

2> Examples of invalid characters might be $ and ^

3> Confirm that the latitude and longitude of the waypoints are valid as well. Some things to look for will be values that are mostly zeros(0s) and maybe one additional digit. As an example: N00.00.01 W000.00.000 would not be a valid waypoint.

4> Click on the track list to expand this and confirm that there are no tracks listed with more than 20,000 points as this is the limit to our track data on the Humminbird systems.

5> Our units are limited on the number of routes that can be used so we would also need to confirm the number of routes if any are being loaded.

Once you have checked for the items listed, you can then click on the .gpx file to select this, then click on the Green Up arrow to upload the corrected/fixed nav data back to the card in the computer. This will ask if you would like to Add or Replace the current data. We would ask that you Opt to Replace so that the corrected information is being loaded.

Prior to inserting the card back into the Humminbird system, we would ask that while the unit is powered on. Go to the Setup menu tab and scroll down to "Format Nav Directories". This will clear all of the currently stored nav data in the system. This will allow you to then insert the card and upload the newly refreshed information that was loaded to your card.

Good Luck ! This msg will Self-Destruct - LoL !
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 01:03:47 AM by Swann »

Offline rnvinc

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 09:28:47 PM »
HB explained that very well  ...

Rickie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo