Author Topic: new guy, pics with questions.  (Read 5941 times)

Offline jesse1378

• Unit(s): 598ci SI HD Combo
new guy, pics with questions.
« on: April 01, 2014, 11:43:51 PM »
hello. my name is jesse. i have a 598ci HD SI Combo. my first time taking this bad boy out i didnt know how to do recordings and i didnt turn on the screen shot lol. i turned on the screen shot  and took all kinds of pictures. some i know what im looking at and some i took some educated guesses...but then i have a handful that i have no idea why i took it lol. below ill write a little something about each shot and ask any questions. in the future i will open a photobucket account so i can load them within the text.

bait pods
when i looked at both pods they seemed to not be 100% soild and it looked like the shadows being cast was touching the bottom. that is why i called them bait pods and not mounts coming off the bottom. Am i correct?

baitpod 3
the stuff at the very top. i believe that is some type of vegitation. there really isnt any grass growing anywhere in this lake. the second thing i was thinking was a baitfish pod but when i look closer the return is really white on the face of it so it may be solid. thoughts?

ledge
well it doesnt look like much but i think its just a wide flat shallow point and on the left there is a small drop off. thoughts?

rock pile
im going with rock pile or just some kind of hard cover due to the strong return. thoughts?

those first 4 are ones that im not sure about but i feel like i am interpreting them well. (i have looked at alot of pictures and videos lol)

the next ones are ones that are obvious as to what they are. so im not going to comment

ok ones with questions....

brush pile 2
looks good on the 2d but the DI is very lacking..thoughts?

brush pile 3
its the same one from brush pile 2 just full screen. i actually took this one first and rushed the view to see it in DI.

S00020
on the right hand side. under the 'R' in Right. about a quarter of the way down...is that a fish?

S00026
this was going under an overpass. its not very wide but it looks like there is a lot of crap down there. any idea what? just a bunch of brush?

i guess that is all i got right now. i know that i have something messing with the transducer. i will take pics of where it is and the back of the boat and make another post on everyone's thoughts of a new placement.

Offline jesse1378

Re: new guy, pics with questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 12:35:31 AM »
forgot i took these lol. on the left side on the side image on the first one...are those fish?

second one....random bait pod.

third. im pretty happy with this one. i found it and marked it using some markers and actually hit it with a football jig. yeah i know kinda dumb but i fish the bank. i dont ever hit anything unless i see it. and i very rarely even had a depthfinder. anyway i hope its the first of many off shore hidden gems that i find. and next time i hope to catch a fish.

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 02:58:27 AM »
I think your interpretations are very accurate...I was able to descern each of the descriptions that you labeled...

One comment about your questioning of the DI ...

The DI in the HB SI units is not unusual to be "lacking" as you call it...

The HDSI xducer does not have a "down pointing" piezo like the dedicated DI units....the DI in the HB SI units is a computer generated combination of the left and right SI data ...and then re-arranged to look like a DI image....

The DI images you show are actually very good for the HB "DI from SI" technology...

Rickie

Offline jesse1378

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 10:15:24 AM »
rnvinc, thanks for that info. i learn something new everytime i get on here. i had no idea that is how the combo unit interpreted the DI info. Now that i know that i wont be as critical on the DI images.

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 03:11:32 AM »
It is possible to acquire a little better DI images (in the HB SI unit) ...by scanning a path just to the side of structure somewhat...

This will put the structure more into the "side pointing" piezo beam ...allowing a stronger reflection off the structure than if the structure were directly under the xducer...

Rickie
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:14:20 AM by rnvinc »

Offline jesse1378

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
ahh. one of the trees i took a screenshot of was a little out of the water. i was on the left side of the tree so maybe thats why it came out so good looking.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo