Author Topic: Strange plotting occuring?  (Read 3703 times)

Offline MT-ED

• Unit(s): 798ci SI, 1199ci HD SI, 360 BM
  • Software: 6.3
  • Accessories: AS GPS HS, Autochart Pro
Strange plotting occuring?
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:25:51 AM »
Still the same "simple" project. I have been able to "create" a custom shoreline (sans the islands), and, I've been able to import data with tidal adjustment compensation. When I get everything plotted on the map, I get a great "rainbow" map creation, and a beautiful shoreline as well.

The remaining problem I'm having, however, is that when I use tools:settings:background map:custom depth data (AC), I get the blue depth map with contour lines, that shows up when I slide the left hand screen control, BUT, the map that is displayed does NOT appear to be using the same data as the rainbow map, because it flows outside the shoreline, whereas the rainbow map does not!!!!!

This seems so ridiculous to me, and I'm hoping HB will solve this one as well, on Mon.?

Am I the only one that is NOT finding this AC software user friendly??????

Offline Trytoofish

• Unit(s): Onix 8, 998HD, 798HD, Ice 55
  • Software: 2.0, 7.51,
  • Accessories: Cannonlink,Eithernet,Mag 20, Ipilot Link
Re: Strange plotting occuring?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 08:00:27 AM »
not sure what your asking about, but when you create a shore line you have to tell AC weather the water is to the right or left of the line you are creating. and it you start out going clockwise you need to finish going clockwise or if you start counter clock you need to finish in that direction.
Try Too Fish  Forced To Work

Offline MT-ED

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
Hi TTF, yes, I understand that about creating a shoreline. My confusion is why there is a discrepancy between what I call the "rainbow" plot, and the so called "background" plot, which contains the contour lines. The former is confined within the shoreline, and the latter, extends  beyond the shoreline. Hope this helps to clarify!!

Offline Trytoofish

• Unit(s): Onix 8, 998HD, 798HD, Ice 55
  • Software: 2.0, 7.51,
  • Accessories: Cannonlink,Eithernet,Mag 20, Ipilot Link
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 02:22:31 PM »
Ed
 I have not used Ac for six months so im just going from memory here. Bad thing to do after the white hair thing. lol
 Im still unsure what you mean. The Background in the right click menu allows you to choose weather  you want to see it around the lake you are mapping.  You select it in the right click menu and choose what it will be under the settings menu in the top bar

when you have created the map of your lake you can choose whether you see contours or boat trails with the slider on the left side
Try Too Fish  Forced To Work

Offline MT-ED

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 03:54:54 PM »
Thanks for the BU map info toothy. As for using the slider to see contour lines......it doesn't work! I get in overlay "colored" map,  but when I slide down, the map goes totally white!!!! When I first started, I never had this problem. I mapped a river below a dam and I could slide b/t colored and contours. Since this time, I have struggled to the point of insanity to try and learn this software, via the worthless HB help document!

I just recently discovered Camohunter's tutorials, and they have been invaluable, however, they have not solved this missing contour line issue!!!

I PMd camo, but haven't heard back yet. I'm suspecting there is some "hidden" option selection that has been changed that is causing this problem, but search as I have, I cannot find it!!! I honestly do not know how anyone can use this software! After going through camos tuts. I learned things there that I have NEVER seen in any HB documentation!

And to rub salt into the wound.....calls to HB tech support are met with a constant busy signal......wonder why???

I'm on the verge of deleting all AC crap from my computer, and attempting to reinstall everything anew, but I'm praying that camo will have some easier solution!!

Sorry for the rant......If I had produced a project in school like HB has here, I would have flunked out!!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo