Author Topic: Ok new to everything help  (Read 3776 times)

Offline chrisntab

• Unit(s): 898c SI
  • Software: 7.09
  • Accessories: gps
Ok new to everything help
« on: February 01, 2015, 02:41:08 PM »
I have 898 with 7.09 I downloaded several of the HDSI and Yellowfin and just nothing seems to be working. I noticed lots of files have older dates, and speak of much older firmware. Are these files still valid? People using different these days? Any help be great. Havent seen a sticky for dummies

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
Re: Ok new to everything help
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:20:48 PM »
I assume what you are trying to do is view recordings on your computer ....... Have you tried Humviewer?
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline Ranger175vs

• Unit(s): 958c,570di
  • Software: not sure
  • Accessories: none
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 05:41:36 PM »
I use HBSI Sonar File Converter to view in yellow fin 

Offline Fishboch

• Unit(s): 899ci HD SI
  • Software: 7.650
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 01:17:53 PM »
Hi,

I am a new member also trying to get some software to begin the process of getting my recordings to my PC but I am experiencing similar issues to the member who started this thread - namely these pieces of software seem to be out of date and not functioning with the current versions of HB software or other issues. I can't remember which package is giving me which error at the moment because I am not in front of my home PC but I am getting the 35 bit error for one. Another is telling me I need the LabView runtime but the links are out of date. Is there any place I can get the runtime without creating another account on another website ? BTW I just purchased a HB 899ci SI HD and upgraded to 7.650 and upgraded to the HD transducer. I have been learning a lot from viewing a those posts here and I am hoping to learn how to create my own maps because one of my home lakes here in Canada has no mapping at all so it was one of my main incentives for purchasing a unit that would allow me to produce my own maps.

So again, I guess the main question is, since most of the posts in this forum are a few years old, are the software packages still useable at this point in time ?

Thanks

Fishboch

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 10:29:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure HB recordings still work in Humviewer 86 ... (Not Onix, ION, nor 360) ...

I do not know about the other viewers ...

Rickie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal