Author Topic: Some Questions for New 1199ci HD SI Owner (Software Update & iPilot Link)  (Read 5346 times)

Offline snooktarpon

• Unit(s): 1199ci HD SI, 899ci HD SI
  • Accessories: AS-ETH-5PXG
I just ordered a factory reconditioned 1199ci HD SI from Cabelas at a real nice price. This will be mounted at the bow of my bass boat. I also purchased an Minn Kota Ulterra with iPilot Link that will also be mounted at the bow.

I have a few questions:
1) How do I performed software updates on the 1199ci HD SI?

2) In order for get iPilot Link to work (so I can automatically follow contours, etc.), is there any special cable that I need between the 1199ci and the Ulterra?  I thought I read that it uses an ethernet cable.

3) Is there anything else I need to know about iPilot Link for my setup? iPilot Link is totally new to me so any help is appreciated.

Offline bobcoy

• Unit(s): 1197 & 1198
  • Software: 6.640 & 7.670
  • Accessories: iPilot-Link,GRHA GPS-HS,ETH 5PS
I just ordered a factory reconditioned 1199ci HD SI from Cabelas at a real nice price. This will be mounted at the bow of my bass boat. I also purchased an Minn Kota Ulterra with iPilot Link that will also be mounted at the bow.

I have a few questions:
1) How do I performed software updates on the 1199ci HD SI?

2) In order for get iPilot Link to work (so I can automatically follow contours, etc.), is there any special cable that I need between the 1199ci and the Ulterra?  I thought I read that it uses an ethernet cable.

3) Is there anything else I need to know about iPilot Link for my setup? iPilot Link is totally new to me so any help is appreciated.
When you get your unit register it on the HB site. You will then have a "My Humminbird" account under you account it will tell you the latest update and can download it from there. There are very specific instructions. follow them and you will be happy. The ethernet cable will come with your trolling motor. You will need a Lakemaster map chip to be able to use follow the contour. Prepare yourself to do some studying your manuals.(1198& ipilot link) There is much to learn to take advantage of all the features. Sites like this and others will help you out along the way. Enjoy the journey. Bob

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Here is initial info on updating ...

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.humminbird.com/Support/MyHumminbird/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi1u_S5p4TNAhULOCYKHfEPC5QQFggYMAk&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFwDwweUXHxL06vdB50PwRMHPhILg

Then as Bob mentions ...you should register your products with HB and log into your My Humminbird account to see the updates available for your products ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:29:20 AM by rnvinc »

Offline saoulons

• Unit(s): 1199 HDSI
  • Accessories: Network, IPilot-Link, Autochart, 360 Img
I know that this thread is a bit dated but here is my experience with iPilot-Link and 1199.

If you have a graph at the bow and the console, I recommend getting the Ethernet Switch AS ETH 5PXG. This way, your iPilot can be shared with both graphs and both graphs can share Waypoints. The only annoying thing with the Ethernet Switch is that it draws power even when not in use, so you have to put it on a power switch. You can plug the iPilot directly into your unit with an ethernet cable. Or you can buy multiple cables and plug everything separately into the switch.

In terms of upgrading software on the units, iPilot controller and iPilot remote, it can be a bit annoying, so follow the instructions from Humminbird carefully. For some reason, the versions of the software on my units were incompatible with the versions of iPilot and I needed Humminbird customer service to send me a special "downgrade" version for my units. But once everything is up to date, it works great.

Other than that, there is nothing too complicated about it and I love my iPilot Link!

Offline snooktarpon

• Unit(s): 1199ci HD SI, 899ci HD SI
  • Accessories: AS-ETH-5PXG
Thanks for the info. That's good info on the ethernet switch about constantly drawing power. I'm not using a switch since I have non-networked HB at the console (for now)

My 1199 and Ulterra were up to date on software and I've been using it for the past week. i-Pilot Link is awesome.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo