Author Topic: Autochart Live Info  (Read 10925 times)

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
Autochart Live Info
« on: January 30, 2016, 10:18:33 PM »
There has been a lot of confusion about Autochart Live, and it is just beginning to get sorted out.......So, I am posting this to get some of the information out.

Autochart Live is a program that runs on the Onix and Helix 9, 10, and 12...so far.  It can generate a map live on the unit and is very useful to enhance the information from a mapping card, or even create a map of a body of water from scratch.......but it does not have the full functionality of Autochart or Autochart Pro.

Autochart Live can save up to 8 hrs of data on the unit and after that, the data begins to be overwritten by the new data.  If a Zero Lines Card is inserted into a unit with Autochart Live data, that data is automatically  MOVED to the ZLC........The unit will also record Autochart Live data directly to a ZLC if it is in the unit.  As it turns out, a map/data created by Autochart Live can only be used in another unit that has Autochart Live as part of the onboard software..... Onix or Helix 9,10, 12.......Not just any any that supports Lakemaster.

Additionally, Autochart Live data/mapping saved to a Zero Lines Card cannot be utilized by Autochart or Autochart Pro software that runs on a PC.

Autochart and Autochart Pro require sonar data recorded by a Humminbird unit to create a map......Those maps can then be saved onto a Zero Lines Card and will have all the functions of a standard Lakemaster chip, including I-pilot follow the contour.

As a get around for the Autochart software not playing together with each other...........It has been determined that a unit can create a map with Autochart Live and simultaneously record sonar data .... and that recorded data could then be used in Autochart or Autochart Pro PC software to generate a fully functional Lakemaster map.

Camohunter probably has the best skills of anyone I know with the Autochart and Autochart Pro software and may have more information he can add to this thread.

Anyone else who has more info or questions feel free to join in.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:24:10 PM by Bob B »
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline caskey_b

Re: Autochart Live Info
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 10:23:15 PM »
Great info Bob..  thanks for this! 

Offline October1

• Unit(s): Getting ready to buy
  • Software: N/A
  • Accessories: None
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 03:54:16 AM »
It sounds like if I want my dad to be able to have the same map I come up with using Auto Chart Live we will still have to buy Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro. That brings me back to not being sure which one to get. I guess I have some thinking to do. I suppose I could always try to transfer way points and create routes on his 899ci HD SI. I could even give him a print out of each spot with the location of the way point on the spot.

Thanks for the info Bob.  :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:55:17 AM by October1 »

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 03:04:58 PM »
If you are wanting to do some serious mapping .... I think Autochart Pro would be the way you want to go.  Autochart live is much more limited.
Also, once you save your sonar recording or track data you you can use it as many times as you want .... or one person can get a portion of the lake and another a different area and pool the data.
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 03:30:28 PM »
I will re-iterate one very important point Bob listed ...

With Bob's quote :
Autochart Live can save up to 8 hrs of data on the unit and after that, the data begins to be overwritten by the new data.  If a Zero Lines Card is inserted into a unit with Autochart Live data, that data is automatically  MOVED to the ZLC

That means when the unit has MOVED the data from the internal memory into the Zero Lines card ... The unit ERASES the data from the internal memory where you no longer have access to it ...

So you cannot simply insert another Zero Lines card to get the same data to another Zero Lines card for a copy of the same AutoChart Live data ...

Also as Bob mentions ... The only options at this time to get a copy of the same data created by AutoChart Live is to also be recording Sonar logs or track logs to be imported into AutoChart PC software to create an additional copy of contours for the same section of water ...

Rickie
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:38:45 PM by rnvinc »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo