Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Helix Series Units / Help with transducer location for Helix 5 SI
« Last post by Nemrod on Today at 02:10:37 PM »
I have a new Helix 5 SI GPS and am still installing it. I also have a older 987c that is still my main unit.

Here is a photo of my stern:

Here or on the opposite side in the same position as the 987c transducer?

If I mount it on the starboard side on the fair side of the strake I will be at approximately 12 to 13 inches from centerline. I am afraid it might cause ventilation on that side? And I am afraid it will be shadowed by the 987c transducer on the outboard location port side?

My Johnny Ray quick release pad. The Starboard pad is routed out underneath to allow the cables to exit to the forward side so as to conceal the one inch pass through hole and to help weatherproof the install:

I mounted the Helix up top so I can pull it for my kayak (getting an extra transducer) and also to preserve the console space for another upgrade to a 10 inch Solix etc. at some later date.

Any thoughts?

J
Solix / Re: Solix issues
« Last post by drawde on Today at 02:27:26 PM »
In global settings you turn off radar and other settings from what I've read.  I have to check my global settings and turn off all that I do not use or have connected.  I believe there is a max depth in the global settings that should be no more than 10 feet deeper than your deepest expected depth.
Solix / Re: Updating
« Last post by drawde on Today at 02:20:09 PM »
Thank You, I know you need a 32 GB for base map update.  Wanted to get a small card just for updates, like 4 GB, guess I'll get the 16 GB.
Solix / Re: Updating
« Last post by fshndude on Today at 10:20:27 AM »
I do believe that 16 is the lowest you can go, and format FAT 32, yes a 10 is best. I am sure that if I am wrong a few others will chime in too correct me. I use a 32 gig sandisk ultra just for updates.
Solix / Updating
« Last post by drawde on Yesterday at 02:29:55 PM »
What is the minimal GB of micro SD card to use for the updates.  Does it need to be class 10 or is class 4 okay?
Thank you for all replies.
Helix Series Units / Re: Humminbird Helix 7 G2N Dongle
« Last post by sonar112 on Yesterday at 07:34:07 AM »
I think that was only a limited time offer, when the new Helix units first came out.  I got one with mine...not worth the $99 they were selling it for afterwards...

Helix Series Units / Re: Pairing Helix 9 Mega SI G2N with Android phone issue
« Last post by sonar112 on Yesterday at 07:31:38 AM »
OK...nobody has experience paring an android phone with their HB.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Suggestions?  Guesses???

Accessories / I pilot software updates
« Last post by cdub on June 22, 2018, 01:04:26 PM »
After I update my hummingbird units, what do I install first, my I pilot link controller or my remote software?.
Helix Series Units / Humminbird Helix 7 G2N Dongle
« Last post by DCottrell on June 21, 2018, 10:55:23 PM »
Can someone please tell me why Humminbird did not include the Wireless remote when you purchase a Helix with wireless capabilities? Saw somewhere you could get it free from Humminbird with proof of purchase and receipt anyone know where or if this exist?
Helix Series Units / Re: networking two Helix's
« Last post by Tjo on June 20, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »
Thanks Rickie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal