Author Topic: Looks like I bragged on CS too fast  (Read 2124 times)

Offline hays47

• Unit(s): 1198C , 899C , 360 vision
Looks like I bragged on CS too fast
« on: November 11, 2014, 04:52:29 PM »
Since Oct 17 been back and forth with my 859 C combo. First time CS assures me that cannot replicate problem . So they have me send it in. Get back unit it is packed with a 2d transducer. Test unit same exact problem. Call customer service back. They assure me they tested with quad ducer . I explain why would tech send me another 2d transducer. They ask maybe your quad transducer. I explain works fine on my 899c . I send in second time. This time they replace unit with another one.

This one acts just like the one I sent in. Which it will not read the left side on quad beam view. This time customer service asks if I have selected quadbeam transducer under menu. I explain without that checked it the machine will not give you the quadbeam view. CS rep wants pix emailed of what is going on. I send pix hear nothing. Recall CS next day. I get promise of some kind of answer shortly. Rep finally emails me explains did not get chance to talk to Sup. Will get back to me first thing in morning. Now they have to talk to engineer .

This is starting to remind me of Lowrance. Which is why I am now using Humminbirds. Unit is brand new and has spent more time in the mail then in my possession.

I started early with this as I was wanting to use the quadbeam for ice fishing. As the quad will read an area equal to twice the depth. The way this is going perhaps I should have started in April.

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
Re: Looks like I bragged on CS too fast
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »
Agree with your feelings.  Only thing I can add is Lowrance fixed the customer relations and support although it took some time after the sale and the new folks took over.  Hopefully HB will look at customer support as a total package and move forward.......   chuck
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:01:55 AM by sonar2000 »

Offline hays47

• Unit(s): 1198C , 899C , 360 vision
Re: Looks like I bragged on CS too fast
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »
Although it has taken more than a month. CS has again come through. It seems that they were able to detect my problem this time.
Seems it was a software glitch. The 859 does not read with a quad ducer correctly. It leaves the left side blank.

Anyway instead of making wait for a software update to correct it. They are replacing the 859 with an 899 which will read the quad correctly. I can't beat that with a stick.

I was starting to get a little ticked as the techs kept testing with standard ducer and saying everything is ok no problem. I guess my emailed pix of unit malfunctioning convinced an engineer to look at it. He was then able to duplicate problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo