Side Imaging Forums > 997c SI, 998c SI & 999ci HD SI

998 shutting down when I scroll to map view

(1/2) > >>

jdcham84:
Having a problem with my 998si. Most of the time it works fine but ocassionaly it will shut down when I change view to the GPS map, side scan, switch fire, 2d all work fine but then I will change view to the map to run to a different spot and it will shut down and reboot. First time it happened I was running across lake in choppy water and it just shut down. I have to unplug unit and let it set for a couple minutes, I have to do that multiple times or sometimes just once.

rnvinc:
Remove any map cards  ...

Then export your waypoints to a blank SD card and open them in Humminbird PC to look for corrupt waypoints  ... Look for odd dates, lat/lat that do not make sense, waypoint names with characters other than numbers and letters  ...

After waypoints are verified in HBPC - reload them a formatted blank SD card  ...

Then in the HB unit - Restore Defaults under the Setup tab and Format Nav Directories (also under the Setup tab)   ...  before loading your waypoints back into the head unit  ...

Rickie

jdcham84:
Thank you I will give this a try

ezfishn:
Which map view and map card were you using? 

jdcham84:
I was using overhead view and a lakemaster chip.
I followed the previous instruction and saved waypoints to sd card. then resest to default and cleared navigation.  Then checked waypoints for corruption found nothin so reloaded waypoints. Havent taken it to lake yet but it did crash the first time i scrolled back to map. It seemed to work fine after that first crash. I wondering if I shouldn't try to use some di-electric grease on fittings, maybe I'm not getting a good connection

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version