Other Humminbird Products > Accessories

360 bow mount, custom install front mount!

(1/4) > >>

gregert12:
Hey all,

I am looking at getting the 360 bow mount transducer and am curious as to the clamp size.  What size does it close down/clamp to?  I have a minnkota power drive v2 and I know it will not attach to this trolling motor model with a 1 1/8" shaft nor is it recommended.  I am either going to fab up a tilt mount out of aluminum or make a quick release mount on the transom.  Theft is a problem and I like making things.   ;D

edit-
-Does anyone know the overall length with and without the "sonar" head? 
-What is the pipe width (that the wires run through) that is hard mounted to the clamp?
-How "deep" does your 360 sit in the water?  If I am reading the install instructions correctly, with it being 1" above the prop, my 360 would be maybe 3 inches in the water. 
-The clamp size?

Thanks!

gregert12:
I bought one and figured out a mount from 1/4" aluminum tube and 1/4" angle aluminum, the unit specs are below.

--- Quote from: gregert12 on June 10, 2014, 08:13:21 PM ---Hey all,

-Does anyone know the overall length without the "sonar" head?  21"
-What is the sonar head pipe width (that the wires run through) that is hard mounted to the clamp?  1 1/8"
-The clamp size?  it will not clamp to any generic size pipe.  with 1 1/2" there is an 1/8th" of play which can be solved with a layer of foam to tighten it up

--- End quote ---

for a new item out of the box, it does not work.   >:(  I changed the ethernet cord, redid the power setup to two different batteries with a 1amp fuse (per manual), reset the 998c hdsi, made sure I had the recent updates and it still would not make a sound or recognize the unit.  I am familiar with the 360 transom making a sound and showing up in the network tab.

Bob B:
Sorry to hear about your problem.
Maybe someone will check in that has one.....I would think you could hear the 360 transducer rotating.....but not sure.
Please post some pictures of your custom mount.  I am hoping to mount a 360 at some point.

Have you called customer service yet?

gregert12:
I have not called customer service since I installed it yesterday.  While there is power at the source and 3 prong plug, the unit is not responding (showing up on the 998c hdsi), making a clicking sound like a 360 transom or a burrrrr sound.  it's just not getting power.

jimham82:
Just to be sure I understand.   You say that there is power at the source and mention a 3-prong plug.   I am assuming that you are talking about the power cord on the 360.   The other end is connected to power from the crank battery, right?   Also, do you have your Ethernet connection to your unit or the Ethernet hub, which needs its own power?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version