Author Topic: Autochart Pro Activation issue  (Read 11377 times)

Offline pyma6

• Unit(s): 988C SI, 798C SI, 788C HD
  • Software: 5.840, 5.700
Autochart Pro Activation issue
« on: April 24, 2014, 01:54:35 PM »
Hoping that someone from Humminbird/Lakemaster Tech Support would read this post, because Humminbird customer support I reached by phone seem to be clueless.

I installed and activated Autochart Pro on a PC, that crashed since and had to reinstall windows.  Upon going through reinstallation, Humminbird/Lakemaster will not accept the activation key, with a message that "License already in use".  I am computer engineer and know that the license has to be reset by the vendor.

Thanks for any assistance.

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
Re: Autochart Pro Activation issue
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »
Don't have your answer.  Think you are going to have to call them.

That one reason I like to do an image type backup after installing any new software...Incremental data backups after that.
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline mike1957

• Unit(s): 898s859,797,
  • Software: 7.4
  • Accessories: 360, auto chart pro
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 09:32:43 PM »
sorry posted first time under the other activation post. I have a similar issue. I loaded it on a pc that i use for all my recordings and and it was so slow that i could not use it and no world map.  i loaded it on my wife's laptop (windows 7) and it works fine. Went in and deactivated the license on the pc that it would not run on and it popped up a message telling me i could not put it back on this computer and i clicked ok since it would not run it anyway. the pc i deactivated it on was online when i did it. Went to put it on another faster xp pc i have and got message saying it is on too many pc and would not activate. i called tech support and was pretty much told i was out of luck the license says 2 pc's. Every thing i have read says that if you deactivate a license on a pc the program it will let you load it on another one. Why in the world would they put a deactivate license tab in a program if all it will do is not let you put it back on your pc. I have sent several emails to Johnson outdoors along with my receipt and activation key as I was told and have gotten no response in 3 days. Very aggravated about it. I was so excited about the program and have been waiting months for it to hit the shelves and now i am kinda scared to use it because i am afraid it will crash and i will have a $300 coaster for a soft drink ($50 shipping overnight).
Mike1957

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »
Update on this issue for pyma6 and mike1957:

You need to call back into the Humminbird Customer Resource folks and speak to them about this again. If the person on the phone cannot help you, ask to speak to a Supervisor.  You will need at least your activation key number and sale receipt.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline mike1957

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
Greg, Thanks for the reply. I sent you an email.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike1957

Offline mike1957

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 07:39:06 AM »
I was sent a new  activation code and everything works GREAT!!  Thank you Humminbird folks and Humminbird Greg for getting me fixed up. (It is running on windows xp sp3). I am once again a HAPPY CAMPER!!  :)
Mike1957

Offline Moose1am

• Unit(s): 898c si
  • Software: 6.610
  • Accessories: SDHC 8 GB SanDisk Extreme III
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 01:22:30 PM »
Update on this issue for pyma6 and mike1957:

You need to call back into the Humminbird Customer Resource folks and speak to them about this again. If the person on the phone cannot help you, ask to speak to a Supervisor.  You will need at least your activation key number and sale receipt.

I'm glad I read this and other posts about the AutoChart Program.  I was going to buy this thing but now I'm going to hold onto my money.

If I come back in another six months and start seeing more positive posts regarding AutoCharts I'll reconsider buying it.  Let Mikey Try it first and see if the Johnson Control/Humminbird/Lake Master Programmers can get this thing working and come up with a hard copy manual to show newbies how to get it working.

I have a lap top and a Desktop Computer and would enjoy putting it on both computers at the same time.   

It's too bad that Dr Depth Sold out to Johnson Controls.  They should have hired him to help them integrate the program into all the other wiz bang crap that Humminbird has going on right now.  They market these things way too much and too soon before they are even ready to get them out the door. And then after they are out the door we the buyers find out that the software won't work until we get another update on our firmware for the older Humminbird Units like the 898 C SI unit that I purchased back around 2010. 

I'd love to see this product work and work right out of the box.  Yes it's complicated and it has to be able to work with all types of older and newer humminbird units as well as all the wiz bang getup that Humminbird has going on but if it won't work with my unit I don't need it.  And if I can't figure out how to get it to work right then I  don't need it. 

Right now I'm about sick of trying to get computer things to work right. I spend way too much time trying to make my computer work and don't need more hassle trying to get a software program to work on all my different computers. 

I can understand how it's hard to get this software to work right on so many different types of computers out there.  That's a common problem that all software developers have these days with some many different types of computer being sold these days. 

But $250 is a lot of money and if they can't even provide a well written manual then to heck with it. And if you buy this thing and then they won't help you get it on your computer then to heck with them too. 

This story about you not being able to reinstall the program on your computer after it failed to run well on the computer is making me mad.  And I really use to like the Humminbird Brand.  I think that they are trying to do too much and have bitten off too much to chew and it's hurting their reputation. 

AutoChart Pro is a great idea and it sounds great on paper but in reality it appears to not be working as marketed. I read that it's hard to get it working and there is little documentation. And I'm reading that Hummbird's customer support is clueless on how this works too.  That's not good. I hope that it's not true but I'm not willing to take a chance right now on paying that much for a software program that promises the moon but can't deliver the rocket ship to get there.

Maybe if I read some more posts I'll learn more and I'll change my mind. But so far what I've had the time to read in here and other places is not good. 

I'll be happy to change my mind if someone can give me some better news about AutoChart Pro.

Well I read the rest of this thread and found out that Humminbird_Greg did his magic and got this go going ok.  Humminbird Greg is a good guy.  I'm going to be doing a lot more research on the AutoChart before I consider buying it. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 01:25:18 PM by Moose1am »
Regards,

Moose1am

Offline mike1957

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 03:01:49 PM »
Just to let you know i goy my activation key right after sending Humminbird Greg an email and found out the lady over that had been out of town. i am running it on a laptop and my home pc and love it. I use it to live map and i am amazed by the 3d part!! So far it is right on the money as far as accuracy.  i live on a lake and have several of my fishing spots mapped and had no idea what they looked like until i mapped it. (been over it a hundred times with side imaging but not sure of all the depth changes until now).There is a manual on the humminbird website under support then manuals. i can run over a spot watching it on my laptop and my 898 and create a contour map in seconds while in the boat. When i bought it their tech support was lacking experiance with it because it is a new product and i got a little frustrated but that is water under the bridge.
Mike1957

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo