Side Imaging Forums > 1197c SI, 1198c SI & 1199ci HD SI

1197 locking up

<< < (2/2)

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: grizwilson on March 25, 2021, 01:06:01 PM ---First Rickie, Thank you so much for your helps both here and crappie.com.  I had a similar situation yesterday.  Was fishing table Rock and had down loaded the MDC fish attractors thru humminbird pc and put on a SD card.  When I inserted the card it read loading data, but locked up. Then i had to pull power to shut down.  After restart any attempt to display map would freeze the unit.  After following your instructions above I have it loading maps again.  I am afraid to try a sd card again.  Considering making a new card and loading to my 798 that is interlinked to the 1197.....Is that a bad idea?  Thanks

--- End quote ---

I have read many reports of state fisheries Nav data not “playing nice” - trying to get those Nav data into a HB unit ... I have no idea what actually causes this anomaly - even when that state fishery website “says” it can export as a HB format  ...

You might try downloading the Nav data from the state fisheries website in GPX format and then convert them into HB format thru a third party GPS converter like gpsbabel  ...
https://www.gpsbabel.org/ (gpsbabel seems to work well converting into HB .hwr format)  ...

Then load the new file into HBPC and load to a SD Card for import into your unit  ...

Note: HB core unit Nav data must reside in a MATRIX folder on the SD Card - HBPC export function creates this MATRIX folder on the SD Card during export (gpsbabel does not create the MATRIX folder - therefore the HBPC step is necessary for HB core units) ...

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version