Other Humminbird Products > GPS Chartplotters and Non-SI Humminbird Units

200/83 khz transducer for 859ci hd di

<< < (2/3) > >>

rnvinc:
Are you wanting to actually see the downrigger ball on the 2d display without that downrigger ball causing the digital depth to register at the down rigger ball depth ... or just keep accurate depth and not worry about seeing the downrigger ball on the display ... ??

Rickie

sideburns:
Well, I dont mind seeing the ball, its kinda nice seeing the visual reference.  Either way works as long as I can trust the depth reading....  Quite a shock/panic when you first see the depth is the same as your gear!

rnvinc:
The scenario is that the unit derives bottom from the closest "multi-repinged" hard echo from the xducer ...

If a target is pinged several times and then not pinged = the unit processes that target as "something" between the xducer and the bottom ...

If a target is continually pinged (and at the same relative distance from the xducer) = the unit processes that target as bottom - thus digital depth at that target - and also painting bottom at that distance in the Sonar scroll ...

Most articles I have read indicate it's best to angle the 2d beam forward a little to "miss" the downrigger ball ...

Rickie

sideburns:
Thanks, sound like solid advice.  Ive been thinking of angling forwards a little more just to try to get a little cleaner high speed image.  My Lund rivited boat hull is one of the worst looking boat bottoms for transom transducer mounting....  Certainly cant get the thing on plane and see anything useful. 

newkid4si:
sideburns

I also have a Lund.  Click on the link and scroll towards the bottom to see how I got around this issue.  Worked for me.  YMMV

http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=4764.msg29554;topicseen#new

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version