Our Community > Mug Shots

New to forum and hummingbird

<< < (2/3) > >>

jimgately:
Thanks for the welcome...my unit arrived yesterday and I'll be installing it this weekend.

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: jimgately on February 09, 2016, 08:14:33 AM ---Thanks for the welcome...my unit arrived yesterday and I'll be installing it this weekend.

--- End quote ---

We like install pix also ...

Please share ...

Rickie

jimgately:
Ok, so right off the bat I seem to have an issue...I have everything hooked up, the unit powers up...everything shows unconnected.
This unit is right out of the box with no updates yet. I was gonna get it up and running and then do the updates.

N9Phil:
OK Jim, relax.  The first thing is to check all of your connections to make sure that they are all connect right.  What do you have connected that doesn't show up?  The trolling motor has to be deployed and turned on before it will show connected.  I am not familiar with your unit as far as the gps is concerned but if you are inside of a building and your gps can't see the satellites then it won't show connected.  You might also have a situation where you have to go to some menu to tell your unit what it needs to look for and lastly sometimes it takes a few minutes with these units before they connect to everything. What does your manual say for how to connect accessories?

jimgately:
I'm calm...I had bought a Y connector because my cable was a couple feet shy...it was cheaper than the extension.
Anyway, I removed the Y cable and connected direct...I now show temp and depth...I had already thought about being inside of my shop, so I rolled it out and got a GPS reading. I thought it would at least show that it was attempting to connect or something...figured wrong on that one.
I'm not sure what each sonar should show since I'm not in the water, but I do get colored graph on 2d and DI...the SI is just black and doesn't appear to be doing anything...again, I'm not sure if it will do anything out of the water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version