Software and Software Development > HumFinder

HumFinder Development Ideas

<< < (2/2)

Timo:
Hi mendota,

Thanks and welcome to try it out.

I'll list here some of HumFinder features:

- HumFinder is not a SI viewer
- HumFinder can be used to search all HB SI recordings from disc and find particular recordings at the spot and range you specify. Folder is selected, from which to search. All subfolders are also searched for SI recordings.
- with HumFinder "Hit point" information (folder name and time), you can show the spot specific SI image on your SI viewer program (HumViewer, SIView...)
- for "Hit point" information, you got to put your mouse cursor over the white crosses (=Si Hit points) on XY graph or click corresponding white circes in Google Earth.
-  the generated  .kml file can can saved for further use from Google Earth.

I little bit disagree with you on ... to accomplish much of what this software appears to do....

The functionality of HumFinder is completely different than SIView or other viewers, although serving the same purpose; finding and inspecting interesting objects that SI recordings may contain.

The HumFinder shows all the tracks within specified area along with SI coverage area with target "Hit point" information. That information can be used as a "feed" to the viewer application

Here is interesting link to GE resolutions and accuracies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Earth#Resolution_and_accuracy

Accordingly:
Most land areas are covered in satellite imagery with a resolution of about 15 m per pixel
Google is actively replacing this base imagery with 2.5m
(That is little bit old information from May 2009?)

Regards,

Timo

mendota:
Timo, once I realized I could not change the recording name without causing problems, I kept a separate list of where each recording was made, and the track file from each recording in GE, so I pretty much already know where I have been.

However, the ability to parse the recordings and find a given GPS target, and it's time in the recording, is a valuable addition to our tool set.  Thanks again for your efforts.

We have much better imagery available here in the US than most places, I suspect.  GE is at about 1m here, while Bing maps is something like 0.1m in their Bird's eye views.

Attached is a GE view of a GPS control point at a local lake.  You can see that GE places the point out in the lake, >15m from the actual monument.  Bing maps, on the other hand, nails it dead on - you can see the actual monument under the marker in the bird's eye view.

I just wanted to warn folks about this little problem with GE, and suggest that adding a GPS offset might be necessary to get good registration between the sonar and GE imagery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version