Software and Software Development > HumFinder

HumFinder

(1/12) > >>

Timo:
Latest HumFinder release can be downloaded from
http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=783.0

Hi everybody!

I bought my Humminbird SI unit (798ci) last spring and have since been kind of addicted to it. This website among others has been very interesting and useful to me in finding more knowledge in Side Imaging and especially on Humminbird units. There are also those great and useful PC applications that make the hobby even more fun; HumViewer, SIView, YellowFin, HBSI Sonar Data File Converter etc. Many thanks to all developers!
Last fall after taking my boat out of the water there was more time to go through the SI recordings and looking for interesting points. (HumViewer was especially useful on that). However frequently when finding interesting objects, it came to my mind if this particular spot was on some other recording from another angle or maybe recorded closer. I also felt a need to know which part of lake is on SI recordings and which is not. (Not merely saved tracks but tracks with SI recording). With that idea I developed PC application which I call HumFinder.

With HumFinder one selects Folder, under which to search for Humminbird SI records, coordinates for target and range radius. Tracks containing SI recordings inside the range are then shown on local XY-graph and can also be shown on Google Earth. The track points are shown, in which SI beam “illuminates” the target along with information pertaining to that point. Record folder name and time values can then be used to look for SI image on that spot with HumViewer or other application. Searching for scanned or unscanned areas, one can set max target distance value high so larger area is shown.

I programmed HumFinder with National Instruments LabView programming language which is used extensively in instrumentation and measurement areas. In order to run HumFinder one needs to install LabView Runtime Engine 2009. It can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/labview/windows/runtime/9.0/
Download and run installation program: LVRTE90min.exe

LabView runtime can also be downloaded from
http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/lang/en/id/1406

I have tested HumFinder in the following environment:
Windows XP Professional SP2, SP3
Windows Vista Business
Humminbird 798ci SI, firmware 4.510
Google Earth v. 5.1.3533.1731

HumFinder has been tested only with North-Eastern hemisphere coordinates.
I recommend installing the LabView Runtime Engine before installing HumFinder. I also recommend using default folders with instalments. (I haven’t tested instalment to other folders).

With Windows Vista one needs to give read and write permissions to the file C:\Program Files\HumFinder\HumFinder.ini for the current user. Without write permission an error message is given when exiting and user interface settings are not saved.
There is no help file available at the moment, but short “Tip Script” is shown when user places cursor over a control.

Default Humminbird Folder and file names must used for the records i.e.
\RECORD\R00xxx.DAT
\RECORD\R00xxx\B002.IDX
\RECORD\R00xxx\B002.SON
\RECORD\R00xxx\B003.IDX
\RECORD\R00xxx\B003.SON
In other case the HumFinder won’t find those recordings.

In some cases in order to Google Earth to open, I have been forced to press “cancel”  to Google Earths installation messages.

There is couple of screenshots as an attachment as well as HumFinder v. 1.0.0.1 installer program.

It would be nice if someone finds this application useful. Bug reports and development ideas are warmly welcomed.

Waiting for springtime and melting ice on lakes.

Regards,

Timo

sonar2000:
wow, neat stuff.  On your file names did you miss the B001 .IDX and the associated .SON.  I think a recording makes all three.  This program looks very interesting and will have to try it out.  I know others will be ringing your door bell also.  Thanks for the informaiton.   chuck

Timo:
Thanks Chuck,

Humfinder shows only tracks with side imaging, so B000.SON and B001.SON  & B000.IDX and B001.IDX are not needed.

I was unable to send the HumFinder Installer file at the time , propably because of it's size ~13MB. Maybe Robert can help me with it.

Now it's bedtime, in half an hour it's midnight here in Finland

Regards,

Timo

dybvad417:
Where is the download link to HumFinder   :-\

sonar2000:
Timo.   thanks for the information.  I forgot we were talking tracks.   The screen of track  is similar to the track as used in the MST which we used extensively for the boat operator and with track + sidescan distance for the overlapping runs.  this will be nice.   for large file downloads I have found www.transferbigfiles.com as a good free way to send large files.  thanks for sharing.  chuck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version