Software and Software Development > HBSI Tools and Converter

converting sonar recordings to use in old version of drdepth

(1/2) > >>

Triton Anlger:
I have a 898c SI that I have used to record onto an SD card.  I have been wanting to try Drdepth and create 3D maps of the areas I have recordings for.  Unfortunately, Drdepth site has been down since it was bought out.  I was able to get an older version of Drdepth 2.12.
I can import/convert GPX and CSV files into drdepth.  So what files do I need to  import/convert?  It looks like I have the standard DAT files for my recordings and I tried to use humviewer to convert them into GPX format but it didn't/won't work. 
Not sure why humveiwer won't convert?
I can use some help here.

Thanks,
Phil

Rüdiger:
Hi Phil

HumViewer is no converter and  for DrDepth you do not have to convert, that makes the program itself.

mvh
Rüdiger

Phillip Nicodemus:
This 2.12 version of Drdepth only shows 5 file formats for import/convert in the drop down box:
Data/text files (*.txt), CSV (*.csv), lowrance sonar log files (*.slg), Oziexplorer track (*.plt), GPX exchange format (*.gpx)
I am really not sure what files, in my recordings folder of the SD cards I used for recordings, are the ones needed but they don't match any of the ones listed in Drdepth.  When I try to import/convert what I have I get an error or stops working all together.

matt@reefmaster:
You ought to be able to convert your .DAT recordings to GPX files using Humviewer. Do you see your track in Humviewer when you load your recording? If you do then at least that part of the process is working - you should then be able to export from Humviewer as a GPX file. I would probably go for 1 second increments.
Failing that you could download the trial version of ReefMaster, import the tracks from your DAT files and then save the tracks as GPX files. Make sure to check the "use Humminbird depth extensions" option.
Matt

Triton Anlger:
Yes, I will have to try that again.  I will have to download the latest version of Humviewer I tried it before and didn't work.  I am just getting back into this with the fishing season upon us and I have random recordings from last year I am trying to use.   I seem to have some *.dat files (are these from Humviewer?).  And then what I think are the normal recordings files from humminbird *.son and *.idx, one of each for a recording. 

Can you tell me what files are generated when I record using my humminbird 898c SI?  Is the default to record them into a "record" folder on your SD card?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version