General > General Discussion

c vs ci designation

<< < (2/6) > >>

Fay:
Thanks for the help.  I am surprised that the wider units don't have the internal antenna option.
There are lots of boats with no really good place for an external antenna.  Fay

Humminbird_Greg:

--- Quote from: sonar2000 on January 19, 2012, 01:16:56 PM ---Where did you find that.  I looked all over the HB site.. ::)

Chuck

--- End quote ---

Kidneys Chuck… (I’ll have to tell you that joke one day.)
We used to have a FAQ about the unit designations.  Maybe it has been removed or changed.

sonar2000:
It was a good questiion.  Maybe it should be re-added. 

dont want to know about your kidneys.... ;D

Chuck

Humminbird_Greg:

--- Quote from: Fay on January 19, 2012, 01:33:17 PM ---Thanks for the help.  I am surprised that the wider units don't have the internal antenna option.
There are lots of boats with no really good place for an external antenna.  Fay

--- End quote ---

Fay,
Most of the folks that buy the Si units like to be able to mount the GPS Receivers as close to directly over the transducer as they can to help increase the marking of waypoints from the sonar Views.  Having the transducer in one location and the GPS Receiver in another will introduce inaccuracies in the waypoints marked when using sonar.

I would also guess that a higher percentage of larger boats that have cabins would have the larger units versus the smaller ones.  If we sold the larger units with internal GPS Receivers than they would have to purchase and mount an external GPS Receiver for the GPS to work.

Humminbird_Greg:

--- Quote from: sonar2000 on January 19, 2012, 01:40:57 PM ---It was a good questiion.  Maybe it should be re-added. 

dont want to know about your kidneys.... ;D

Chuck

--- End quote ---

This was the best that I could find though it is not the one I was thinking about:
http://www.humminbird.com/FAQ.aspx?ContentId=1870
It was not easy to find either, which means not many others will find it either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version