General > Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I need a transducer other than the transom mount included


What should I do if I need a transducer other than the transom mount included in the box?

All transducer-equipped Humminbird products come standard with a transom-mounted transducer. However, we also offer these optional models:

* Puck (Shoot thru single layer fiberglass hull)
* Angled Puck (Shoot thru single layer fiberglass hull)
* Trolling Motor
* Portable
* Thru-Hull (plastic or bronze)
* Ice Ducer
* Stick On

If you'd prefer one of the above, you're welcome to exchange your transducer, through our factory, for no charge unless you require a bronze or plastic thru-hull transducer. Call our Customer Resource Center at 1-800-633-1468 for pricing.
If you have recently purchased one of our Down Imaging units, we currently do not have a trolling motor transducer, you would need to order an adapter kit to convert from transom to trolling motor.   We currently do not have a portable transducer for these products, so you would need to order an adapter kit to convert from transom to portable.  In addition, we currently do not have any plastic or bronze Thru-Hull transducers for these models.
We can only exchange transducers which have not been previously installed or assembled.  We can only offer you credit on your transom transducer if the alternate transducer was purchased directly from the factory at our toll free number listed above.  We cannot offer credit on transducers ordered through our website as most orders do not ship from our facility. 
Some retailers also choose to carry models without transducers and stock a variety of the above mentioned transducers. This option is available only on select 700 Series products. Check with your local retailer to see if they are participating in this program.

If you are exchanging transducers, please check your Operations Manual to make sure the transducer you choose is compatible with your fishfinder. In addition, make sure you return all of the necessary mounting accessories.   The transom-mounted transducer you are returning must be new and unassembled, and the mounting hardware must accompany it. Occasionally the power cable is bundled with the transducer cable, please make sure the power cable is removed before shipping the transducer to us. 

You must include payment, as well as your shipping address and phone number. Please allow 10-14 working days to process transducer exchanges.

Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics
Attn:  Exchange Department
678 Humminbird Lane
Eufaula, AL 36027
If you are located in Canada please return to the address below: 
Humminbird Canada
Attn:  Exchange Department
4180 Harvester Road
Burlington, ON  L7L 6B6
If you are located outside of the US or Canada, please email us at or use our Dealer Locator to find your closest distributor.   


[0] Message Index

Go to full version