Side Imaging Forums > 997c SI, 998c SI & 999ci HD SI

997cSI Images and Specifications

<< < (3/3)

Mark Saikaley:
Thanks I will search.  Yes Im aware of the two cone sonars sent, but I suspected that the same transducers were also used for the down image beam as I had understood that the side imaging beams didnt cover the area directly below the boat . Therefore I thought one of the 2d beams had to be double purposed? Considering my unit DI was a software add on without any transducer change

I will search for the details as per your advice, thanks again for your help

Mark Saikaley:

--- Quote from: Bob B on November 15, 2011, 06:04:18 PM ---Since the down imaging is derived from the SI data, I would think both would benefit from a reduced range.

--- End quote ---
BTW, I switched the frequency for my side scan to the higher 800 khz. My posted images are all 455 khz and have been running with that one only. since switching to the higher frequency I am seeing the types of image quality that I had initially anticipated. When I first compared the two frequencies when I first installed the unit, I dont think I was on the right type of water to distinguish any significant difference, but have since compared the frequencies on more interesting bottoms and am much more impressed. The different views between traditional/side/DI/GPS now are so interesting to me I almost want a separate 10" LCD screen for each view simultaneously.

On a side note, I am quite dissapointed that my 997 unit is not compatible with any of the new Ipilot features and the 360 views.  Expecially since I had the option of purchasing the 998 at the time and didnt have any idea of the potential future (now current)drawbacks for compatibility.

ezfishn:
Only the xx9/xxx9 models and later were provided software upgrades for the newer MinnKota Bluetooth TMs. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version