Software and Software Development > HBSI Tools and Converter

*** NEW RELEASE *** of HBSI Converter - Updated for 6.6 Firmware

(1/3) > >>

RGecy:
Here is the new release of the HBSI Converter that fixed the Windows Vista Issue. 

You will need to be Registed here with the site and logged in.

Please let me know if you have any issues.  Again, you will need to have 3.940 or later installed on your Humminbird Unit.

http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?topic=17.0

Thanks,

Robert

GWF:
I am new to this forum and was wondering if you could tell me what the HSBI Converter is and how you use it. I didn't see anything else on this forum.  Thank you.

GWF

RGecy:
GWF,

The forum is brand new.  I just got it set up 2 days ago.

The HBSI Converter basically reads the .SON recording files and converts them over to a format that can be viewed in software on the PC.  Humminbird has not come out with a viewer and we had to improvise a little.  YellowFin is playback software for Imagenex Side Scan Sonars.  You can convert the SON files to the YellowFin .872 format and view them.  Here is a screen shot of the software and a wreck I scanned last year.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

RGecy

arnados:
Robert, ¿where is the Field "DEPTH" in SON files?
Thanks

RGecy:
There is no straight forward answer to your question unless you are familiar with Binary Files.  If you are, then the son files are basically made up of a 67 byte header and then the sonar data for the ping.  The depth is stored in the header as a 32bit integer.  This number represents the depth in 10ths of a meter.  So if the stored value is 100, the depth is 10.0 meters. 

As for the position in the file, it is stored in bytes 35-38 of each header.  Remeber 0 is the first position.  Also, the Humminbird uses a motorola chip so the data is stored in Big Endian.

I have some files that show the structure of the header. I will pull them off the other computer later today.

Good luck.

RGecy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version