Side Imaging Forums > 1197c SI, 1198c SI & 1199ci HD SI

AC/DC Power Adapter

<< < (2/2)

diver651:
I used a PC-11 power cable and put a good quality cigarette plug on the end with a replacable fuse. This allows me to plug my 1197 into whatever boat I am on, or plug it into it's own battery box.

For use in the house I picked up one of the Black and Decker Travel Mate AC/DC converters (Model CV6B) that is intended for running one of those solid state portable powered coolers. It is rated for 6 amps and comes with the cigarette socket on the end so you can plug just about any mobile device into it for use in the house. The voltage seems to be regulated very well, giving a constant 12.6 volts on mine. I have been using this for over a year with no apparent issues.

I picked mine up at Wal-Mart on clearance for about $10. I think they normally sell for around $20.

I find that I use this for a number of things besides my 'bird.

I hope somebody finds this helpful.

jimham82:
I use a "Regulated Power Supply" from Radio Shack.   Puts out 13.8V at 3 amps.    I have used this for years with my Lowrance units.

Be sure and put in a 2 amp fuse on the red power connection -- just in case.

George:
Thanks everyone

I have purchased the power supply from Digikey that Robert suggested, it works great at 12v +/- 1v.

George

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version