General > General Discussion

2D Quad Beam Transducer

(1/4) > >>

Swann:
Ok so I'm still on the hunt 4a Quad Beam Transducer so that I might maximize 2D operations on the water & getting discouraged in my hopes of finding the Transducer itself so im thinking my next best bet would be 2purchase a Unit that came w/ 1 in the box & after downloading a whole slew of manuals from the H_B Website; it turns out that the Matrix 37, PMax180 & the 737 were some of the models that supposedly came stock w/the XNT9-QB90 Transducer in the box (although I'm thinking the PMax180 may have come w/ XT6-TB90 at some point even though the manual says otherwise) as it seems that H_B "generalized" manuals (manuals that cover several units at a time) contain some misprints & typos & found it best for one 2try 2find specific manuals about specific units. Furthermore, H_B Support isnt much help w/ models that are "discontinued from service" But i contacted them anyway thinking there must be a database "somewhere" - No? Well, no such luck unfortunately so I'm still on my own.
Now I know the XT6-TB90 (Tri-Beam) will give me 90deg coverage But i will Lose Dual Beam Capabilities in the process & hence why I'm looking specifically 4the XNT9-QB90 (Quad Beam) & No, I wont be held ransom 4one But would definitely be reasonable based on condition IF I found one... Now w/ that being said, would Any1 out there have any further ideas on locating a Quad Beam Transducer?
Thanks, Sandro.

rnvinc:
Remind me again what unit you have and what is the interest in the Quadrabeam  ... ??

Rickie

Swann:
The overall plan is an 1199ci mounted near the dash. The boat is an older 15ft Marvac Bowrider Fish n Ski w/ XHS9-HDSI-180T + XNT9-20T Transducers at the Stern/Transom via Y-Splitter Cable & at the Bow is a 798ciHDsi w/an XNT9 SI 180T (Compact).
The idea 4the Quad Beam is 2maximize (or 2at least improve) 2D operations at the Bow for Vertical Jigging as I mainly "Drift Fish / Vertical Jig / Pitch a Jig+"something" where my main species of choice are Walleye, Crappie, Whitefish & LakeTrout (very rarely hunting Bass intentionally).
Itz my belief that the Quad Beam at the Bow will add a little extra "umph" as my S.I & D.I become rendered near useless unless travelling in a "consistent path" b/c using the "wind as a guide" doesnt quite allow for D.I & S.I 2work effectively (Not that I care much for D.I. anyway & more/less use my S.I + 2D Sonar 4hunting the species aforementioned).
Now there is one D.I product on the market that I believe 2 B effective under these circumstances (as therez near always an exception 2every rule) But that would bring cause 2entertain an entirely new discussion & also mean that I would need 2 "jump ship" from H_B & am Not willing 2do that at this point in time just yet & hence my continued hunt 4the Quad Beam... But, there is 1 thing that comes 2mind, when running 83khz(60deg) at both Bow and Stern ; would this not potentially cause inaccurate readings by way of overlapping frequencies come 35-40ft of water seeing as the Transducers are only 15ft apart from 1 another? Hasn't happened yet w/my Compact at the Bow But am starting 2wonder as there is/was a scenario that comes to min in 55-60ft of water that got me thinking But that scenario there would once again veer us off topic.
Next thing that comes 2mind would be the fact that an XT6-TB90 Transducer at the Bow might help 2avoid the potential for overlapping frequencies But then I would be giving up the 60deg portion of my Dual Beam Capabilites at the Bow and yet I'm Not Fishing more than 40ft of water very often so i don't see any great gains over the XNT9-SI-180T Compact and would see that scenario as more of a "trade-off" than anything else and Not really worth the hassle.
Thanks, Sandro.

rnvinc:
So my question is  ... what leads you to believe the 2d piezo in the Quadrabeam is any different than the 2d piezo in any of the current xducers in your Setup  ... ??

It’s still an 83kHz/200kHz 2d xducer and the brains to transmit are in the head unit  ...

Rickie

rnvinc:
 BTW  ... crosstalk interference is alway “possible” when transmitting 2 separate signal of the same frequency at the same time  ...

Never really know until it’s tried  ...

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version