Side Imaging Forums > Onix and Ion Series

Unable to get overlays

(1/2) > >>

hpwells1:
Hello all new to this forum. I searched the onix series and was unable to find out anything about setting up overlays in my "new but discontinued" Onix 10  NT SI.  I don't have touch screen but that is ok because I don't need it to make changes.   When I go to a screen and push the menu key and then scroll down to screen view hit enter I have overlay options click on it and by scowling down I have many options plus custom.  I did somehow select one  for a split screen and it worked but since than I have not been able to get the overlay in any other screen.  ie my favorites.  Any ideas on this outdated equipment???

hpwells.

rnvinc:
Been a while since I had ONIX  ...

Here is the manual  ...
https://johnsonoutdoors.widen.net/content/pujlxlwhuu/pdf/532186-1EN_D-ONIX-ION-Operations-Guide.pdf

I do know that if you do not have Globals turned on = overlays for every single view have to be customized separately for each view...

Rickie

hpwells1:
Thank you for the response.  I have that manual however global is not an option in the menu on this unit.  Like I said discontinued unit.

hpwells1:
I still am having problems getting  over lays on my unit.  From screed selected,menu,view options,data overlays, enter I get from menu, Overlay on/off, Edit custom,sonar,custom,Navigation,over #1,2,3,4 and 5  View overlay has only custom as an option.  and when you chose one of the above the overlay turns on, but no overlay is on the screen.  I have the unit setting on a table at my computer to try to get it setup.  having NO LUCK!  The manual does not give you a very good example on how to do this with the Non Touch Onix I have.  Also I tried to have hummingbird tell me how to do it and they quoted the manual.

hpwells

rnvinc:
With the unit in the house are you using simulator  ... or a transducer connected in Normal operating mode ...??

Rickie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version