Side Imaging Forums > 997c SI, 998c SI & 999ci HD SI

900 Series S.I Comparisons

<< < (2/3) > >>

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: newkid4si on May 21, 2022, 12:36:18 AM ---Rickie

I am continually impressed of your knowledge of these products. If HB Greg is reading these, I'm sure he has a big smile on his face. You have filled some mighty big shoes.

Mike

--- End quote ---

2014 according to bbc forums  ...
http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=486412

Rickie

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: newkid4si on May 21, 2022, 12:36:18 AM ---Rickie

I am continually impressed of your knowledge of these products. If HB Greg is reading these, I'm sure he has a big smile on his face. You have filled some mighty big shoes.

Mike

--- End quote ---

Thanks Mike  ... I can attribute a lot to Greg’s patience (and others here) in my questions in the early years  ...

Rickie

Swann:
Well, not only did Mr.Rickie help 2educate me (yet again), it got me thinkin about H-Bz history & if their Fishfinders started out as a "flasher-style" or moreso of a "readout-style" & as it turns out - therez an entire History Lesson at Humminbird.com.
I had No idea that Tom Mann didnt know how 2spell "Hummin(g)bird" & that he actually "snail-mailed away $300 4the Legal Name"... even Hank Parker was part of the list of names that helped out... I remember his showz "jingle" clear as day... "Grass Needs Cuttin', House Needs Paintin' - Gone Fishin'..." Anywho, enuff of that as I found it 2 B a very interesting & informative read & even helps 2understand the value of 2dayz 360deg imageing a bit "Mo'Betta" & the pivotal role Bass Pro Champ Kevin Van Damme (KVD) played in recent years so if any1z interested, Herez the link :
https://www.humminbird.com/news/article/humminbird-mann-and-his-bird

newkid4si:
I agree that the bass pros contributed to the advancement of the HB product, but don't overlook the fact that many to the original members on this website helped as well. I feel sure that corporate followed this site closely. There is a group form Europe that helped everyone. I think Reef Master was written in Australia. The story goes that HumViewer was written by one of the early members while he was in a hospital bed in one of the European countries. Canada has helped. Instruction manuals have been created from members out west. Knowledge and ideas for improvement have come from everywhere.

Mike

Swann:
Ok so back to comparisons & another loaded question i guess... so if we had an 1198cSI & a 998cSI sitting side by side, would there be any difference(s) other than 2.4 inches of screen size? I also noticed on an 1198cSI (that i might be interested in) as Not having the letters "HD" etched into the "Name Tag Area" & yet the box it came with from March,2012 (as per Serial#) describes it as having an "LED Backlit Display for Good Visibility in Sunlight"... which qualifies as HD or is that another thing that didnt start happening until 2013-14? Now i may have read somewhere that 700 & 1100 Series units have had LED displays since 2011 & that 800 & 900 Series didnt start receiving LED displays until 2013? Another thing 2note is that my 598ciHDSI has a Mfg Date of Oct.2012 (as per Serial#) & is just as per namesake. Talk about a loaded question-eh?
Sorry But i just like 2have my facts straight.
Thanks, Sandro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version