Side Imaging Forums > 997c SI, 998c SI & 999ci HD SI

900 Series S.I Comparisons

<< < (3/3)

rnvinc:
I don’t remember the exact date that the “HD” moniker dictating LED display came to be  ... but it was after the xx8 series release and before the xx9 series release  ...

I do know that “HD” will be listed in the model name on the start up splash screen and on the SD Card slot door  ...

If it does not list “HD” it’s the older CCFL backlighting  ...

Rickie

Swann:
OK "Splash Screen" - Got it... & as far as comparing a 998cSI 2an 1198cSI - the only difference there is 2.4" (diagonally) of screen size - yes?
Hey, one 1 more thing, if we were to take these comparisons a step further re: 999ciHDSI & 1199ciHDSI; there would be 3 main differences, (as per what I've learned thus far) 1>"i"nternal GPS, (ii)a bit faster processor and (iii) 600x800 pixel resolution would seem a bit "crisper" on an 8"screen vs a 10.4"screen... I've also read something about the 999ci & 1199ci needing an "adaptor" for Ethernet whereas the 998c & 1198c do Not? Does that 4th note Not seem a bit odd when technology is supposed to improve with each succession?
Many Thanks, Sandro.

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: Swann on May 27, 2022, 07:18:34 AM ---OK "Splash Screen" - Got it... & as far as comparing a 998cSI 2an 1198cSI - the only difference there is 2.4" (diagonally) of screen size - yes?
Hey, one 1 more thing, if we were to take these comparisons a step further re: 999ciHDSI & 1199ciHDSI; there would be 3 main differences, (as per what I've learned thus far) 1>"i"nternal GPS, (ii)a bit faster processor and (iii) 600x800 pixel resolution would seem a bit "crisper" on an 8"screen vs a 10.4"screen... I've also read something about the 999ci & 1199ci needing an "adaptor" for Ethernet whereas the 998c & 1198c do Not? Does that 4th note Not seem a bit odd when technology is supposed to improve with each succession?
Many Thanks, Sandro.

--- End quote ---

Correct the only difference in the 998c SI and the 1198c SI is screen size  ...

Pixels per square inch does, in theory dictate that more pixels per square inch should be crisper ...

xx8 series and xxx8 series had the round metal screw type Ethernet connector separate from the cable collector  ...
xx9 series and xxx9 series moved that Ethernet connection inside the cable collector (with an adapter cable) to allow the Ethernet connection to be encompassed into the cable “quick connect” connector  ...

Rickie

Swann:
... and there you have it here at SideImageingSoft with another exciting edition of Rickiez Humminbird Roundup, hosted by non other than Mr.RNVINC himself... stay tuned 4more on next weekz show But 1st a word from our sponsor - LoL ;)
Many Thanks, Sandro (Swann)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version