Author Topic: Wrong depth readings  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Lutz

• love to fish walleye
  • Unit(s): 898 c SI
  • Software: 6.640
  • Accessories: none
Wrong depth readings
« on: May 29, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »
Hi Guys
I have a 898 si unit and trying to figure a few things out.
I was out on the weekend and the unit started acting up it went from 8' to 98' back to 8' but it kept changing screens so you loose all the structure and stuff . and over the course of the weekend the unit powered down and restarted about 20 times.
Last question is the GPS I have bought the maps for the inland lakes but the lake I was on was not part of the maps so should the unit just be a white screen or should it be blue?
It did show the tracking on the white screen but it doesn't seem right . anybody else have these problems ?
poor immigrant

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: Wrong depth readings
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »
I’m split your post away from the one you replied to as it does not have anything to do with the original post.  You will get better answers this way as well.

Was the 898 unit the only sonar unit that was being used on your boat at the time?

How do you have the 898 unit connected to power, is this to the boat’s wiring and fuse panel or is this by its own set of wires run directly to the battery?

Depending on the map data that was there and the zoom level you were using was as well as the Background color menu setting in use will determine what color the unit will display for that area.

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline Lutz

• love to fish walleye
  • Unit(s): 898 c SI
  • Software: 6.640
  • Accessories: none
Re: Wrong depth readings
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 05:05:40 PM »
Hi Greg
I have the unit hooked up to battery with a fuse in line.(I think its the starting battery  I will confirm) There are 2 other units running a lowrance unit with thru hull transducer and a 365 humminbird on trolling motor.on separate line. I have just updated the software in the depth finder to 6.640 but left the card in it . just took it out and went into demo mode and the maps seem to show up no problem
I don't know if leaving the sd card in had anything to do with the unit shutting down and powering up all the time I will have to wait and see.
poor immigrant

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal