Author Topic: Importing waypoints to Navplanner2 question  (Read 5499 times)

Offline DRBass

Importing waypoints to Navplanner2 question
« on: December 17, 2011, 08:47:56 PM »
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Waypoints on card can't be read by Navplanner2.  I thought waypoints from Humminbird were gpx files but the ones on my card are something else.  HMR files?
Waypoints are from an 1197 via SD card.  I've tried saving them from Humminbird PC to the card as well. 

Any ideas?

Offline stillbear

• Stillbear
  • Unit(s): 997c SI - 1198 c SI - HDS-10
  • Software: 5.840 5.700- 4.0
  • Accessories: Barometer ,GRHA , 8gb 30 mb/ extreme III
Re: Importing waypoints to Navplanner2 question
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »
Q. What do I need to transfer routes and waypoints from my PC to my chartplotter?
A. After installing NavPlanner software and your Navionics Multi Card Reader, all you will need is a blank SD or CF media card (depending on which fits into your chartplotter) to save and transfer your routes and waypoints to and from your PC and chartplotter. Once saved, insert this memory card into your chartplotter and upload your new routes and waypoints. After upload is complete, insert your Navionics Chart card into your chartplotter; the routes and waypoints you created and uploaded will now appear over the Navionics Chart information. The Quick Start Guide included in your packaging provides step-by-step instructions for installing and using NavPlanner. Please also see our downloadable Users Guide for more information

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:54:19 PM »
Q. What do I need to transfer routes and waypoints from my PC to my chartplotter?
A. After installing NavPlanner software and your Navionics Multi Card Reader, all you will need is a blank SD or CF media card (depending on which fits into your chartplotter) to save and transfer your routes and waypoints to and from your PC and chartplotter. Once saved, insert this memory card into your chartplotter and upload your new routes and waypoints. After upload is complete, insert your Navionics Chart card into your chartplotter; the routes and waypoints you created and uploaded will now appear over the Navionics Chart information. The Quick Start Guide included in your packaging provides step-by-step instructions for installing and using NavPlanner. Please also see our downloadable Users Guide for more information

Gary,
I think that DRBass is trying to go in the opposite direction with his waypoints and get them from his 1197 to the NavPlanner2 program.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Waypoints on card can't be read by Navplanner2.  I thought waypoints from Humminbird were gpx files but the ones on my card are something else.  HMR files?
Waypoints are from an 1197 via SD card.  I've tried saving them from Humminbird PC to the card as well. 

Any ideas?

DRBass,
Try this:
1.  Export the waypoints in your 1197 unit to the SD card.  The waypoints are in a file named DATA.HWR and will need to be converted to the *.gpx file format so that you can use them.
2.  Install the SD card in your computer and use the “Download” in HumminbirdPC option to move a copy of the waypoints into HumminbirdPC.  The HumminbirdPC program will than convert and name the waypoint with a date code but they will be in the *.gpx file format now.
3.  Use the File > Save As… option to name and save the *.gpx file somewhere on your computer so that you can try opening it with the NavPlanner2 software.

Offline DRBass

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »
Thanks,
I think I've figured it out.  Basically did what you said instead of trying to take the file off of the card.  Just took it off my hardrive where it is saved under "HumminbirdPC"

I've got over 1300 waypoints I need to go through and organize.

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 02:39:14 PM »
That works DRBass.
The key is just to get a copy of the data after the HumminbirdPC program converts it to the *.gpx file format.  Many think that just because they can see it in the HumminbirdPC program that it automatically converts it on the memory card.  It doesn’t, so I always recommend performing a Save As… to somewhere on the computer that you can find it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo