Author Topic: 2nd zero lines card  (Read 27475 times)

Offline wallywill

• Unit(s): 798 ci si hd Helix 9 w/autochart
  • Accessories: terrova
2nd zero lines card
« on: May 30, 2016, 10:22:43 PM »
I am going to purchase another zero lines SD card. My question is what is the best way to transfer all of my custom maps to the new card? I have a 798 hd si on the front and a Helix 9 Si networked together. Could I just copy and paste the maps from the 1st zero lines card to the new one or will I have manually convert all the sonar recordings that I saved and then load the data like I did the first time?

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
Re: 2nd zero lines card
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 07:43:40 PM »
Using Autochart is a pretty complex subject .......I'd recommend the Autochart tutorial offered by Lake Images who is now a sponsor on this forum .... Getting all 3 training DVD's is a good deal at $19.95.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline CamoHunter

• Unit(s): 1199ci HD SI, 788ci HD, 788ci HD
  • Accessories: AutoChart Pro, Terrova 80 - iPilot Link
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 01:13:34 PM »
Not a real helpful answer.  "Buy these DVD's, they 'might' contain the answer you're looking for."

wallywill,
I haven't found a way to quickly copy maps from one card to another.  Some people have done so with AutoChart Live maps, but those are stored differently than the maps produced by AutoChart Pro on the computer. 
The way I've done it, is just work on getting all my recordings and tracks in one place. Then run through and produce the map on one card, and then repeat the process on the other zerolines card. 

Takes some extra time, but it's the only way I've found that works at the moment. 

Offline Bob B

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 01:30:13 PM »
Not a real helpful answer.  "Buy these DVD's, they 'might' contain the answer you're looking for."

It's better than the no answer he was getting ..... I bought the Autochart training DVD from them and it does show how to create the extra maps and a lot of other very good information.  Autochart is not a user friendly product, and that DVD will help a lot.

Offline N9Phil

• Unit(s): Solix 15 SI - Onix10 CI SI - 1198 CSI
  • Accessories: 80Terova W/ i-Link -- 360
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 03:23:05 PM »
I would think that you could take the acdata file from the card that you made the map on and copy and paste it to your other zero line card.  Before you do anything I would suggest that you make a copy of your Zero line card files and change the name of the original files so as to have original files to go back to in case you need to.  Before I got the Onix I would bring my recorded files to the computer and use Auto Chart pro to make my map.  I would then send this map to my acdata file on my computer.  I would then copy my desk copy of acdata to my zero line card to use on my depth finder.   I renamed my original zero line files to OLLkMaster-DO NOT DELETE,  OAC-DO NOT REMOVE, and OOOOacdata.   This is what works for me so I hope that it might help you  Wallywill.
Solix 15 SI  Onix10 CI SI - 1198 CSIAccessories:80Terova W/ i-Link -- Transom 360

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 03:42:45 PM »
I would think that you could take the acdata file from the card that you made the map on and copy and paste it to your other zero line card.  Before you do anything I would suggest that you make a copy of your Zero line card files and change the name of the original files so as to have original files to go back to in case you need to.  Before I got the Onix I would bring my recorded files to the computer and use Auto Chart pro to make my map.  I would then send this map to my acdata file on my computer.  I would then copy my desk copy of acdata to my zero line card to use on my depth finder.   I renamed my original zero line files to OLLkMaster-DO NOT DELETE,  OAC-DO NOT REMOVE, and OOOOacdata.   This is what works for me so I hope that it might help you  Wallywill.

There is no 'acdata' folder on my zerolines sd card.  Other people have suggested that, but they've all been people with AutoChart Live.
Seems to me that is a folder created by AutoChart Live.  Since I don't have AutoChart Live, and probably why I don't see an acdata folder on my card.

Offline Trytoofish

• Unit(s): Onix 8, 998HD, 798HD, Ice 55
  • Software: 2.0, 7.51,
  • Accessories: Cannonlink,Eithernet,Mag 20, Ipilot Link
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 05:21:01 PM »
On your zeroline card you should have a folder named "AC". In that folder is a folder named "Lakemaster" That lakemaster folder contains your custom map. Caution!! there is also a Lakemaster folder in the same directory as the AC folder. Do not ever do anything to that file. It is your master file and your card will not work if you corrupt it.But I have copied the lakemaster folder in the AC folder from one AC folder to another AC folder without issue. So you should be able to copy that file from card 1 to card 2, but you will have to create the AC folder or just copy the ac folder and its contents
Try Too Fish  Forced To Work

Offline N9Phil

• Unit(s): Solix 15 SI - Onix10 CI SI - 1198 CSI
  • Accessories: 80Terova W/ i-Link -- 360
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 06:24:26 PM »
Trytofish,  thanks for clarifying that.  It has been a while since I played with all of that.  Once I started using the Onix, I only use AutoChart live to get my data and then I import it to the computer.  My excuse is the one I use all the time, I can't remember yesterday so any time before today is lost.   The 3main lakes that I fish I have them mostly mapped using starting with Dr.Depth and them put into Auto Chart PC when it came available. Auto Chart Live just adds to them.  Great program once you figure it out and how to use it, it takes time to figure it out but it is worth the effort.

Phil
Solix 15 SI  Onix10 CI SI - 1198 CSIAccessories:80Terova W/ i-Link -- Transom 360

Offline D S

• Unit(s): 1198 ,798hd , ipilot link and 360tm
  • Software: 7.5
  • Accessories: HDSI reefmaster Dr Depth autocharts pro
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 09:13:59 PM »
trytoo fish
so are u saying u copy AC from one zerolines card to another zerolines card to duplicate your  map?
I thought that was not possible what file do you place it in?
DS
stgr

Offline wallywill

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 10:04:56 PM »
Thanks guys for the info.

I have ordered my second card (backordered). I too suspect that the generated maps are in the Lakemaster folder. I haven't even had a chance to run my rig to try autochart live and then convert those into maps on the sd card yet either. It is a learning curve for sure. I do have all my previous sonar recordings saved on 2 different computers for back up just in and just in case I have to do it. I haven't seen any posts on what folder/files are will be placed on the zero lines card from an Autochart live conversion but I suspect the process would be similar. As soon as I receive the second car I will try to copy and paste the AC folder to the new card and will post the results

Tight lines guys.
Thanks again :)   

Offline Trytoofish

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 07:00:38 AM »
trytoo fish
so are u saying u copy AC from one zerolines card to another zerolines card to duplicate your  map?
I thought that was not possible what file do you place it in?
DS

yes. its the same process you use to copy your maps from the "local copy" on your laptop to the Zeroline card.

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »
On your zeroline card you should have a folder named "AC". In that folder is a folder named "Lakemaster" That lakemaster folder contains your custom map. Caution!! there is also a Lakemaster folder in the same directory as the AC folder. Do not ever do anything to that file. It is your master file and your card will not work if you corrupt it.But I have copied the lakemaster folder in the AC folder from one AC folder to another AC folder without issue. So you should be able to copy that file from card 1 to card 2, but you will have to create the AC folder or just copy the ac folder and its contents
No offense, but have you actually tried that process, and had it work?

I tried that EXACT procedure, multiple times. It doesn't work for me.

The custom map (AC folder) works fine on my depthfinder, with my 1st Zerolines card that I produced the map on in AutoChart. 
But, on my 2nd zerolines card, I do the copying of AC folder from one zerolines card to the other, I've also tried just copying the Lkmaster folder from the one AC folder, to the AC folder on the 2nd card, it does not work for me.  When I load the 2nd zerolines card into my depthfinder, the base map loads fine, but as soon as I change the base layer to 'AC', my depthfinder reboots.

Glad it works for you if you've been successful with this method, but it doesn't for my 2 cards.

Offline jimham82

• Jim Hammond
    • LakeImages Training
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 1198c SI, 360, 899
  • Software: Latest Versions
  • Accessories: AutoChart, Humviewer, ChartSelect, HBPC
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »
I have spent a considerable amount of time with Humminbird and the bottom line is that each zero lines card has coding that prohibits copying data from one card to another. Your unit will reboot when you select the AC or SI overlay. The Lake Images training covers how to do this in detail.

Offline Trytoofish

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 05:28:04 PM »
No offense, but have you actually tried that process, and had it work?

I tried that EXACT procedure, multiple times. It doesn't work for me.

The custom map (AC folder) works fine on my depthfinder, with my 1st Zerolines card that I produced the map on in AutoChart. 
But, on my 2nd zerolines card, I do the copying of AC folder from one zerolines card to the other, I've also tried just copying the Lkmaster folder from the one AC folder, to the AC folder on the 2nd card, it does not work for me.  When I load the 2nd zerolines card into my depthfinder, the base map loads fine, but as soon as I change the base layer to 'AC', my depthfinder reboots.

Glad it works for you if you've been successful with this method, but it doesn't for my 2 cards.

I do not have a second zero card. SO i have not tested this. I assumed that it would work because I copy from my local copy to my card back and forth all the time. So if the cards are different and it dont work. Then I was wrong. Thats what happens when you assume!!

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 06:21:08 PM »
Yes, I copy from my computer (local copy) to my card all the time also.  But I have two cards.  And I did have to label the folders on my computer separately for each individual card.  Otherwise, if I copy the wrong AC folder, to the wrong card, the depthfinder cannot load it and reboots as I described.
So, the custom map produced, is tied to the card, guessing by serial #.

The positive side of that, if you lose your card, or let someone borrow it, they cannot just copy the maps and give those away to a bunch of people.
The negative side of it, it takes you a little longer to create two chips to use on two depthfinders in your boat.

Good information to figure out though.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:23:42 PM by CamoHunter »

Offline jimham82

• Jim Hammond
    • LakeImages Training
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 1198c SI, 360, 899
  • Software: Latest Versions
  • Accessories: AutoChart, Humviewer, ChartSelect, HBPC
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 07:05:27 PM »
I have 2 zero lines cards and the steps outlined in the DVD's work. The key is that you have to create the initial AC and SI folders on each card.

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 10:05:30 PM »
Guess I'll have to check them out, if nobody shares info willingly anymore.

Offline Bob B

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 10:17:43 PM »
It is pretty complex to set it up .......It is pretty cheap to by the DVD and get a lot of information besides how to copy maps.  There are some quirks in Autochart that he explains how to get around....Only $15 if you only want the Autochart training .... and it is good to support the board sponsors.

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 08:53:22 AM »
Sorry, just irks me.  I put out how many step-by-step tutorials to benefit everyone at no cost.  Downloadable on multiple forums for everyone to use.  Guess I should have said to heck with everyone, kept them to myself, and charged money for them huh?

Offline D S

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 11:25:52 AM »
CAMO
I appreciate your help as do many others   ;D
after all the idea here is to share and  help each other out
Thank you to you for your valuable input to date!
too bad HB didn't have better support for autocharts
perhaps HB should enlist you for their support?
just my 2 cents

DS
stgr

Offline Bob B

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »
Camohunter .... I understand where you are coming from.  You did a lot of ground breaking work with Autochart and shared it here and on other forums....I and others also do as much as we can to help each other out.

If I had derived this process myself, I would be sharing what I had discovered.  In this case, I consider the info I have to be "owned" by the creator of Lake Images Tutorial.  He has done a LOT of work developing tutorials for Humminbird PC, Humviewer, and Autochart.  All three are available for a very modest price.

I just kind of feel like I would be stealing if I took his DVD and transcribed a tutorial......The best I feel I can do ethically is to let others know where to find the information.

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 12:25:31 PM »
Appreciate it, and understand where you're coming from.  Ethically you're on point, and if that's the only place you learned something, I understand you steering someone his direction.

My only problem is, because a guy produces a video, does that mean all of a sudden people stop sharing information on a public help forum and helping each other out.  "Oh, that was explained in the video, I don't think I should share with you how to ...."

And how am I to know, if he didn't take a bunch of my tutorials and just put them into a video format, with additional information?

I've been wanting to produce some AutoChart videos/tutorials on YouTube for public use.  Now, I don't know if I should buy his videos, because if I do purchase them, and happen to put out some YouTube videos later on, I may get accused of copying his information and taking $ away from him selling DVDs.

Offline wallywill

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 12:35:07 PM »
Camohunter I want to thank you for all your efforts to help everyone on this forum. You like so many others on this forum offer and help others without trying to make a "buck" off anyone else. Thank you.

I have found some interesting things on my original post inquiring about the 2nd zerolines card.

In the autochart manual page 6 it clearly states that:

" Your custom maps will ONLY work on the original Autochart Zero lines SD card. If you place the map data on a different card the maps will not work on your Hummingbird unit.

Now on the Onix and Ion Accessory Guide for the Zero lines card, on page 24, the very last thing it says is that

" You can share your autochart files with another Zero lines Card by copying the contents of your AC folder to the other card.

I guess my interpretation is that Autochart live map files can be copied from one card to another and used between Autochart live compatible units.

While in normal Auto chart, saved sonar recordings must be converted into maps individually per card.

I also take it that it would mean:

The new software that allows the Autochart live recording taken form the Helix must be converted into Autochart by hummingbird PC before it can be used on a non Autochart live unit.
 ::)

Thanks again guys

Offline newkid4si

• Unit(s): 998c si
  • Software: v 5.70
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 12:42:14 AM »
Camohunter

I also want to thank you for sharing your knowledge about AutoChart. You have spent considerable time and effort to understand its workings. Although I don't use AutoChart now,
        if I do in the future, your tutorials will be the first place I go. That said, I would probably also purchase the DVD's in an effort to have the information presented in another format.
        My wife reads and comprehends well ( except for directions ). I would rather be shown something.

Mike

Offline CamoHunter

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 10:41:19 AM »
Thank you!
And I am the same way.  I am certainly more a visual learner versus reading.  So the DVDs and videos are a great extra resource to have.  It's good to visually watch a person go through the steps for creating these maps and editing data.  I also like to have a page by page instruction to follow. 
At least we're starting to get some information out there about AutoChart, no thanks to Humminbird. 

Offline Beaulieu80

• Unit(s): 798CXI HD SI COMBO
  • Software: 7.68
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 11:15:45 AM »
Far as i know, you can copy paste from on zero card to another card without aving issue since they are both same card.

Offline Bob B

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 11:26:39 AM »
The cards have a unique encryption which keeps that from working.

Offline wallywill

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 12:04:06 PM »
Here is what I found that with the second zerolines card.
Copying and pasting the AC folders from the first card does not work.
 I had to convert all of my saved sonar recordings to the second card.
On the Helix, I converted the Autochart live recordings and then converted them into Autochart on both cards and I now have 2 identical maps.
Like it was posted many times here before..SAVE ALL your sonar recordings!
 ;D

Offline blind_sk8_16

• Unit(s): Solix 12 SI Mega
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »
Sorry to jump  in on this conversation *delete if you must*
- Where I live there is now compatible navionics maps, so a bunch of us have purchased the Helix Series for the auto-charting.
- We got the impression that we would get together once a month and upload all the mapping on the auto-chart pro program and load all the collected data on each others cards, is this not possible?

feel free to PM ME if no one want to open a can of worms in the post

Thanks for your time

Offline Bob B

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2016, 08:19:38 PM »
You can do what you are thinking.......Might be best just to do a regular recording instead of using Autochart Live .....either on will work with the new version of the Autochart Pro software, however.

If you are recording over a period of time, make sure you use some method to keep track of the relative water level.

Offline blind_sk8_16

• Unit(s): Solix 12 SI Mega
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 09:22:16 PM »
You can do what you are thinking.......Might be best just to do a regular recording instead of using Autochart Live .....either on will work with the new version of the Autochart Pro software, however.

If you are recording over a period of time, make sure you use some method to keep track of the relative water level.

back to the AutoChart Pro, I opened the program last night and put my zero lines card in pc to retreive recorded data but.. there is no data on the card apparently.
I went through the help section and i just tells me to insert card and import data... am i suppose to export the data from helix 12 to the sd card?? i load card into unit and it tell me that is saving to the card so... i am a little bit confused. any help would be great!

thanks in advance

Offline D S

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 12:03:13 PM »
there is a drop down on the bottom right of the screen you need to select what type of file u want to import
if file is  from ac live then I believe the extension is .ACU
ps ..........do you have the updated version of AC pro??
if not you need to register on hummingbird.com to get the update ,download and apply to your version
look at hummingbird .com
DS
stgr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo