Side Imaging Forums > Helix Series Units

Buy Helix 9 now...or wait til spring?

(1/9) > >>

GBK233:
I've never owned a high end fish finder(currently own a HB 570DI), but I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a HB Helix 9 SI GPS. 

Is there likely to be a sale/rebate on the Helix as Spring approaches....or is the $999 price likely to stay the same?

rnvinc:

--- Quote from: GBK233 on January 22, 2016, 12:58:51 PM ---I've never owned a high end fish finder(currently own a HB 570DI), but I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a HB Helix 9 SI GPS. 

Is there likely to be a sale/rebate on the Helix as Spring approaches....or is the $999 price likely to stay the same?

--- End quote ---

Past directions have never shown the current line of products as going "on sale" until a new series is announced (or leaked) ...

As the HELIX 9, 10, and 12 are brand new in 2016 ... The prices should remain stable for a minimum of 2 years ...

Manufacturers have never seen a need to run sales on new series products ...because this industry seems to have customers beating down the doors to get the new stuff ...

If you can find a dealer that is offering free shipping ...that's probably the only discount you could expect to see in your total cost ...

Rickie

joe20toon:
I agree with Rickie. It's unlikely there will be a sale or rebate anytime soon.

fishreed:
I disagree....these are NOT normal times as in the past  in the world economy. Competitive pressure from competing units will dictate if prices hold. If Hummingbird is producing   a ton of Helix inventory and dealers aren't writing purchase orders because their inventory dollars are tied up in old stock....you can bet prices will drop. This is the electronics business guys and gals. The name of the game is to sell boxes and that is dictated on how you price as compared to your competition.   Currently, overseas production lines need to keep running and when people aren't buying, prices drop like rocks. The winner is the dealers who got rid of old stock and gets the Helix line on display and inventory to sell. Currently Cabelas hasn't even got the Helix 9, 10 or 12 in all stores I have visited  to display.   Bass Pro has units on display for people to see but no Bass Pro I have been has a Helix 12.  I know  who is in position to sell new marine electronics. I travel travel 8 states in my job. Cabelas's  pricing is not marketing realistic. How can you price the 1199SI with remote  with a 10" screen  at $2299 and have the Helix 10 at 1499? If a manufacturer gets greedy and pops a rebate or cuts a wholesale price to dealers to move boxes effectively taking another manufacturer's  "piece of the pie", prices will drop.  The rest of the manufactures will smell blood and drop prices to get guys to pick their unit and maintain their market share.   

Be patient guys....hold on to your wallet and wait until your favorite unit is  on display at a dealer. Don't spend one dollar unless you can see what your electronics dollar is buying at  a store and NEVER put a deposit down to hold a unit the  dealer doesn't have.    There  is only so much demand at a certain price point and the more expensive a  unit it the more profit is derived. Screen size will dictate price. Everybody has plenty of time to to wait until April-MAY to make these manufacturers sweat bullets while trying to adjust production to demand while moving boxes at the most profitable  price points. Electronics are cheap to produce and screen size is a big expense for any unit as the more units are produced fixed  costs go down  All the rest of the internals are cheap to produce.  I will predict a 1199Si wiil drop to $1000 and as will  XX9 units until they are out of all dealer inventories freeing up inventory dollars but only after a big "credit" on old inventory if a dealer writes a big PO for the Helix models.  BE PATIENT,.....THERE is nothing more disappointing as to buying a unit and 2 weeks to a month later  the price drops or a rebate come out for a couple hundred bucks!

Bob B:
You are correct that the price has dropped rapidly on the 99 series ..... that is because it has been obsoleted by the Helix models that have set a very low price point that is going to be sending all the other manufacturers scrambling.

The reason there are very few Helix 12's on display is that they have not been rolled out yet.  They will start showing up everywhere after the 2nd week in February.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version