General > General Discussion

Boot up Unit from a Chip?

(1/1)

tigerfire:
I was wondering if anyone has software to boot-up an Onix 10 from the chip instead of from the software on the unit?  I tried to update the software on my Onix 10 and I was successful moving from version 2.700 to v3.00.  But when I went from v3.00 to v3.040, the unit locked up.  I get the following warning message and I can't get out of it.

Warning!  This unit has encountered an error that requires all settings, preferences, sonar subscriptions, and network configurations to be reset.  Waypoints, Routes, and Tracks will not be deleted.  This unit will now restart.

I tried calling HB and they want $900 to fix the problem.  I can understand if the unit was broken, but I was just updating software!  I just want to get it back to the default settings and I'm thinking I can do that if I can get it to boot from a chip instead of the corrupted software on the unit.

RonnieB:
Any progress on your problem?

tigerfire:
Never was able to get the help that I wanted.  I had to send in the unit to Humminbird.

fishreed:

--- Quote from: tigerfire on January 17, 2021, 09:43:16 PM ---I was wondering if anyone has software to boot-up an Onix 10 from the chip instead of from the software on the unit?  I tried to update the software on my Onix 10 and I was successful moving from version 2.700 to v3.00.  But when I went from v3.00 to v3.040, the unit locked up.  I get the following warning message and I can't get out of it.

Warning!  This unit has encountered an error that requires all settings, preferences, sonar subscriptions, and network configurations to be reset.  Waypoints, Routes, and Tracks will not be deleted.  This unit will now restart.

I tried calling HB and they want $900 to fix the problem.  I can understand if the unit was broken, but I was just updating software!  I just want to get it back to the default settings and I'm thinking I can do that if I can get it to boot from a chip instead of the corrupted software on the unit.

--- End quote ---

this is a textbook reason why I rarely do software upgrades. If your HP unit is working fine...DON't SCREW WITH IT!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version