Other Humminbird Products > Lakemaster AutoChart

Autochart Live data goes bad

(1/2) > >>

knorstu:
Hi. Didn't really get an answer earlier. How does the data go bad? Not a good sign that Humminbird provides a feature to delete Autochart data. Thanks.

rnvinc:
Although I’m not an AutoChart user - I have read many instances where digital depth issues (with software, faulty xducers, bad connections) can cause “bad” AutoChart data  ...

And then users would go into the data files in the AutoChart PC software and delete those individual “bad” data points  ...

Rickie

knorstu:
Makes sense. In my case, the data was fine when gathered but changed after shutting down and restarting. It was only a small portion of data. No changes made to the setup.

rbdavis3591:

--- Quote from: knorstu on April 01, 2020, 01:53:20 PM ---Hi. Didn't really get an answer earlier. How does the data go bad? Not a good sign that Humminbird provides a feature to delete Autochart data. Thanks.
--- End quote ---

The first result from a Google search for "Autochart Live bad data" pointed to a Technological Angler video https://www.technologicalangler.com/repair-autochart-live-maps where he gives an example of the user causing the bad data.

--- Quote ---If you do enough mapping with AutoChart Live, you'll eventually end up with a piece of bad depth data or two, data which will lead to inconsistent mapping. Bad data typically arises from a rapid change in boat speed or a quick turn, both of which can produce turbulence beneath the transducer and result in a bad piece of depth data.
--- End quote ---

knorstu:
That implies the data was bad when it was first charted. Mine wasn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version