Author Topic: New Here Too  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Long Hair

• Unit(s): LCR 2000, LCR 8000, Helix 5 SI GPS
  • Software: 7.260
  • Accessories: TM Transducer
New Here Too
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:39:13 PM »
New Here

Edit

Delete post

Report this post

Postby Long Hair » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Howdy, I've been tryin to get registered in a couple of these forums for a week or so and finally got through, with a little help from my (new) friends. I've been usin Humminbird products since the early 80s' I still have an LCR 8000 in the boat and up until now that's been the best of what I have.
I bought a Helix 5 SI GPS but don't even have it installed yet. I've been watchin a lot of Doug Vahrenberg's videos and readin everything I could on these forums and studyin the owner's manual. I think the manual that came with the 8000 is about 14 pages long, LOL. I have been wantin a new unit and wanted to get side imaging mostly cause I fish real shallow water most of the time.
About the only place I have to fish around here is the Markland Pool of the Ohio River and it was past flood stage 2 weeks ago and still is about 12' higher than I want to go out in. We have been havin large time rain storms here too, about every 3 days, that's why I haven't got it installed or the boat out. I did start it up this week though.
I have been getting all the things I need to get the Helix in, such as a RAM Swing Arm mount, convoluted tubin for the wires and a fuse box that hooks right on the battery terminals for the wires from Wholesale Marine.
I will keep the LCR8000 hooked up to the trollin motor transducer cause it's mounted in the bow anyhow. It's on a RAM mount I bought over 25 years ago.
OK, I've made up for the lost time waiting to be approved to sign in so I'll shut up. Glad to meet yall. John
You can always make too much, work.

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
Re: New Here Too
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 11:58:56 PM »
West Ky sez hey ya'll ...

Post up questions if you have any ...

Then when you get the Helix up and running ... Share some screenshots with us ...

We like pix ...

Rickie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal