Author Topic: Error: Map path NA ??  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Touque

• Unit(s): 989 HD
  • Software: 7.09
Error: Map path NA ??
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
Has anyone else seen this error after hitting the LakeMaster Update button? I previously sent this to Greg but he nor anyone else at Humminbird that he talked to has.
I was out for about 3 hours recording and downloaded once I got home and got this error on the last step. I was able to see the color depth variations as the data was being converted but it failed in the end.
Greg asked me to send him the file which I did (properly I hope) and one of his coworkers was able to create a map of the boat launch area and showing the hardness.
I had previously successfully converted about 6 recordings prior to this error which has haunted ever since.  But after Greg sent me a snapshot of what his coworker converted I remembered something. After my last successful recording while playing with the software (which I am finding very cumbersome) I attempted to create a hardness map. I used info from this site and others, as well as the AutoChart user manual I downloaded. I did create a hardness map but I only did it for the small area around the boat launch.  Which I believe was the same area that Greg's coworker was able to convert.
Can anyone think of some setting on the software that would cause only to convert in the same small area? When I create my hardness area I first trimmed the Internal Map Size (in General - Settings) to a small area (because I was just tinkering). But after I came back with the 3 hour file I adjusted the size to 5k x 5k.
Regrettably I have only been out a handful of times this year and would like to spend an evening to just try and record just track files and try to convert them (I have been recording sonar logs). If anyone could help me out here that would be great.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:15:02 PM by Touque »

Offline D S

• Unit(s): 1198 ,798hd , ipilot link and 360tm
  • Software: 7.5
  • Accessories: HDSI reefmaster Dr Depth autocharts pro
Re: Error: Map path NA ??
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 11:38:33 AM »
were u trying to update card or local copy on pc....check settings ?? just a guess
stgr

Offline Touque

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:55:07 PM »
I believe I was saving to the card? See picture.
Gotta be truthful I really have no idea what I am doing now!  I attempted to record "tracks" as opposed to "sonar logs" and I cannot find them when I "import". I was hoping to compare the result when using "tracks" to see if that would work.
I tried to view the tutorial using the instructions on the "getting started" page. But they were wrong but I eventually found the file but they were .add file and my laptop could not open them.
There are many basic things that I do not understand with this software. This is getting very frustrating.
I know this software is new but are there any good basic tutorials out there?

Offline D S

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 05:08:18 PM »
touque,
 did u ever figure this one out ??
just had it happen to me ..........confused card was fine before??
anyone ideas??
ds
stgr

Offline Touque

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 12:58:45 AM »
No I did not get this resolved.
I was hoping to give some of my readings to another person with the software.  Depending if they could convert my recording would tell me if the issue is my recording or the software on my laptop. I never did do this. And today was my first day out on the water this year.
Truth be told I have to re read the instructions to figure out how use the program. No one ever did get to me on my last inquiry. So the next thing I am going to attempt is update the software on my 998 and then attempt a recording and then conversion. If that does not change anything I may try to reinstall the software on my laptop (want to first find out if that will cost me my second and last install for the software).
I will post my results once I attempt but i am not sure when I will get this done. If you try anything please post as well.

Offline D S

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 10:29:31 AM »
touque,
after lots of frustration i figured it out
the problem  many run in to is they run the demo map in minesota as per HB setup instructions
but if you are more than 1000km away then you are out of range of the original AC file
my problem was related to trying to upload 2 cards but this might help

what i did was delete the AC file**** ( do not alter LAKEMASTER FILE)*****
then i changed the background map to lakemaster content
(i had originally had it set to AC content as background as i had been working on a different card and was now trying to program a second card for myself)
not sure if this will help with your problem but thought id share
Camohunter has a tips and tutorial that is helpful
there is a trubleshooter link to start your map over by renaming the AC file  which i think might help  with what u described as your issue
PS Camo is a great resource ask him his thoughts
DS
stgr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo