Author Topic: Autochart installation comments  (Read 7076 times)

Offline MT-ED

• Unit(s): 798ci SI, 1199ci HD SI, 360 BM
  • Software: 6.3
  • Accessories: AS GPS HS, Autochart Pro
Autochart installation comments
« on: April 14, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »
I received my HB Autochart Pro today. I followed the installation instructions, and all went well until the end where I was required to enter the Key Number. It paused with the comment, waiting for initialization, after which it informed me that there was no internet connection!!

Well, there was indeed IN connection, BUT it appears that if you are using Windows 7, AND your Windows firewall is "ON", it won't connect. I went into the CP, turned off the win firewall, and waa laa, everything "finished up" as it should.

So, if you all run into this "stalling" of installation at the end.....give this a try!!

Ed

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
Re: Autochart installation comments
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »
Thanks for the tip
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline MT-ED

• Unit(s): 798ci SI, 1199ci HD SI, 360 BM
  • Software: 6.3
  • Accessories: AS GPS HS, Autochart Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 07:06:23 PM »
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to software navigation, but one other thing I discovered was that although there is a "getting started guide" on the enclosed CD, if you "click" on help in the main menu bar of the window, you will find a very nice 42 page users guide there!! I printed it out so I can access it for reference while operating the software.   FYI

Offline Moose1am

• Unit(s): 898c si
  • Software: 6.610
  • Accessories: SDHC 8 GB SanDisk Extreme III
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 01:28:44 PM »
A users guide on the CD.  That's nice to know.  42 pages long.  I also print those type of user guides out onto paper as I find it easier to read on paper than on the computer screen. 

Good to read that they put the user guide in there.  And thanks for the tip about turning off the firewall software to load up the program and connect it to the Humminbird Web site for registration etc. That's a good tip for everyone to remember.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to software navigation, but one other thing I discovered was that although there is a "getting started guide" on the enclosed CD, if you "click" on help in the main menu bar of the window, you will find a very nice 42 page users guide there!! I printed it out so I can access it for reference while operating the software.   FYI
Regards,

Moose1am

Offline mike1957

• Unit(s): 898s859,797,
  • Software: 7.4
  • Accessories: 360, auto chart pro
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 03:07:26 PM »
 I use it to live map and i am amazed by the 3d part!! So far it is right on the money as far as accuracy.  i live on a lake and have several of my fishing spots mapped and had no idea what they looked like until i mapped it. (been over it a hundred times with side imaging but not sure of all the depth changes until now).There is a manual on the humminbird website under support then manuals. i can run over a spot watching it on my laptop and my 898 and create a contour map in seconds while in the boat. When i bought it their tech support was lacking experiance with it because it is a new product and i got a little frustrated but that is water under the bridge.
Mike1957

Offline Moose1am

• Unit(s): 898c si
  • Software: 6.610
  • Accessories: SDHC 8 GB SanDisk Extreme III
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »
Thanks for pointing out the manual on the humminbird support site. I went the today and read the manual so now I know a bit more about how the Auto Chart Pro should work. I still have a few questions in my mind as to which SD card they were talking about a few times while reading the manual online.  The Auto Chart Pro comes with an SDHC card that includes files that show the map outlines of many of the lakes?? Right?  Do we use that SDHC card to record the data on or another SDHC card that we have to buy and put inside the Humminbird 898 C SI UNIT ( in my case) to record the data on the lake?  And then do we use the SDHC card and take it out of the humminbird and stick it into a computer with an SDHC card reader and the AutoChart Pro program loaded in the computer?  That's how I envision it working.  I'll have to read the manual a few more times to get it down inside my head.  And since I don't have the program yet it's makes it harder to follow the manual since I'm not pushing the buttons on my computer or the Humminbird Unit until I get the program.   

I found out that the firmware has been released for my 898 C SI unit so that it will now work with the Auto Chart Program.  So many buttons to press and things to setup properly. And I'm not getting any younger. 

I use it to live map and i am amazed by the 3d part!! So far it is right on the money as far as accuracy.  i live on a lake and have several of my fishing spots mapped and had no idea what they looked like until i mapped it. (been over it a hundred times with side imaging but not sure of all the depth changes until now).There is a manual on the humminbird website under support then manuals. i can run over a spot watching it on my laptop and my 898 and create a contour map in seconds while in the boat. When i bought it their tech support was lacking experiance with it because it is a new product and i got a little frustrated but that is water under the bridge.
Regards,

Moose1am

Offline mike1957

• Unit(s): 898s859,797,
  • Software: 7.4
  • Accessories: 360, auto chart pro
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 11:42:33 PM »
you can use the sd card they send which is called the zero line card or you can use the one you have to record on. Once you export it from your unit to an sd card or the zero line card you put it in your pc and convert it to a map then save it to the zero line card. You then put the zero line card in the unit and bingo you have a  working contour map. Its really not hard!! I like the live mapping due to i can generate the map while on the water. If you choose live mapping you will have to purchase a cable that goes from unit to laptop. I have been impressed with it so far and I am still learning.
Mike1957

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo