Author Topic: lens cleaner  (Read 3849 times)

Offline Allan

• Unit(s): 798c SI
lens cleaner
« on: December 31, 2009, 04:05:46 PM »
What is best for cleaning the lens on a HB unit?

Thanks
Allan

Offline George

• Unit(s): 2 - Solix 15s AutoChart Pro 1198
  • Software: Always up todate
  • Accessories: SI on Transom and Trolling Motor
Re: lens cleaner
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »
Hi Allan

There are going to be a few different opinions, but the one thing that you need to keep in mine is that some of the glass cleaners can affect the UV coating on the screen.  I believe HB recommends something like Windex with Vinegar All Purpose Spray.  Other windex products can hurt the screen.  I ended up using the All purpose Windex with Vinegar.  Then after a couple of months I purchased and install a protector it is easier to clean the screen and it protects the UV coating.

Do a search, this subject has been discussed several times.

George

Offline Allan

• Unit(s): 798c SI
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 06:39:28 PM »
Sorry about the repeat,  ::) I will try the search. I did look in the FAQ

Offline George

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »
Alan

There is nothing wrong with repeats.  Pretty much all of the subjects have been covered in one way or another, but it is always good to ask questions because it brings the subject back to the surface.  It really helps all of us to better look at the issues. 

I personally look at three forums daily on Side Imaging and I am still dumber then a box of rocks.  When trying to help others it requires that you do some research and lots of look ups, in the end we learn much more then the help we give as members.

Welcome aboard
George 

Offline rnvinc

• Unit(s): 1197c SI Combo, SOLIX G2 MSI
  • Software: Dependent on whim
  • Accessories: AS GRHA, MEGA 360, LowBird LSS 1 & 2
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
Is it possible to have a sticky listing the links to effective lens protectors...??

Offline George

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 10:09:18 AM »
rnvinc

I do not know what a sticky listing is, but I do not believe we have it.  As far as screen protectors go, I did a search for "screen" it covered cleaning the screens and protectors.  One of the screen protectors is from https://www.zagg.com/ they are expensive this is where I purchased my screen protector.  I took the recommendation form this site.  You should look at all of the screen saver products by searching the internet.

These are not the easiest to install, mine came in a tube so I opened it and put it in a book for a week which did not help.  I did end up with a small wrinkle which I worked out, If I look for it I see it, overall I am very happy with it and the screen is much easier to keep clean.  Pay close attention to the direction, make sure you have everything prepared for installation.

George

Offline blharr4400

• Unit(s): 788Ci Combo 1197C SI COMBO
  • Software: 4.78 and 4.75
  • Accessories: Weathersense, Interlink
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 12:00:56 PM »
I steal my wife's Ziezz lens cleaner cloths for her glasses and they seem to work really well without affecting the screen on my 788ci
I wont always catch fish but they are never going to sleep through me being there!!!

Offline HawgTyme

• Unit(s): 787c
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 10:10:38 PM »
I recommend the invisableSHIELD from Zagg as George mentioned. They come factory cut and sized to fit several HB units and are ready to install.  I have had one on my phone for over a year and it is scratch free today.

They are not easy to install...use lots of the wetting solution on the protective sheet and on your fingers during the placement of the sheet. I just installed these on my new 798 and an older 787. Perfect. I promise you, you will not have to worry about scratching your screen as they are tough as nails and they have a lifetime warranty.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo