Author Topic: Navioinics / Fugawi  (Read 2967 times)

Offline George

• Unit(s): 2 - Solix 15s AutoChart Pro 1198
  • Software: Always up todate
  • Accessories: SI on Transom and Trolling Motor
Navioinics / Fugawi
« on: December 04, 2009, 08:59:05 AM »
Fugawi Navionics Hotmaps has significantly reduced the number of High Definition maps available. When I contacted Fugawi, they said that Navionics has lost or given up their contract with another company that supplied a lot of Hi Def charts.

For example High Definition for Lake Fork Texas charts are no longer available for the Hotmaps Explorer. I am wondering if this also applies to Navionics' Platinum Chips. Will we lose a lot of the high definition maps on their chips?

Does anyone know what is going on here?

George

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: Navioinics / Fugawi
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 12:12:47 PM »
I had not heard this.
I do have a spreadsheet of the lakes covered in their 2009 map cards and could compare it to a 2010 listing.  If you see the 2010 lake list up on their web site remind me (‘cause I will probably forget!).

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline George

• Unit(s): 2 - Solix 15s AutoChart Pro 1198
  • Software: Always up todate
  • Accessories: SI on Transom and Trolling Motor
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »
Thanks Greg

I have also posted this on "The Hull Truth" which have Navionics Reps on it, so far no responses from anyone.  One thing about this site someone always replies.

From email discussions with Fugawi folks it appears that Navionics is making some changes, not sure if this will affect Navionics High Def chips, based on printed literature nothing has changed. On Fugawi's Explorer Hotmaps, Lake Eufuala, OK and Lake Fork, TX High Def Maps are no longer available along with many others which have disappeared.  I am considering the purchase of two platinum chips based on getting some of the high def maps for Oklahoma and Texas.   

Offline lonkm

• Unit(s): 997
  • Software: 4.5
  • Accessories: none
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 12:25:54 AM »
I bought the Nav Hot Maps Explorer. Was supposed to get a free HD map of choice. The map I wanted was listed, but when I tried to get it they told me it was no longer available. Called the company they were in with and they said they only made paper maps. Someone has that map and I would love to find out who and see about getting it. They didn't just throw it away. If anyone knows of an HD map for Bull Shoals Lake I would like to know about it and where to contact them.

Offline lonkm

• Unit(s): 997
  • Software: 4.5
  • Accessories: none
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 01:46:38 AM »
When I got my copy of hot maps explorer my lake was listed. I tried to get it as my free hd map. They had just removed it  but it was still on their site as available. I called the other company they were involved with and they said that they only made paper maps and didn't know what I was talking about. I know they wouldn't throw it away so I am still getting on their case about the map they cheated me out of. LOL

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo