Author Topic: Longer array and narrower beam  (Read 94478 times)

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
  • Unit(s): HELIX 9 G3N, 998Cx SI, 959DI
  • Software: latest (mostly)
  • Accessories: AS GR50, custom towfish and: A boat!!
Re: Longer array and narrower beam
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2011, 07:20:20 PM »
Great job Rickard, congratulations!!

Do you plan to use the transducer by towing as well? Or is this one only for your "static" pictures?

Best regards / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline Rickard

• Unit(s): 999, 981, M37, LowBird-1, LowBird-2
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »
Thanks Harry!

Yes, I plan to use it on my towfish next season and I will soon connect a 50 m cable to it for ice-scanning as well. I also have to check for leakage before I relax...

Rickard

Offline Rickard

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 02:26:05 PM »
Second setback

Transducer #2, the one with right piezo very close the inner wall of the housing (see photo above), seems to have a short circuit in the right SI channel. I noticed this when I cut the cable and checked resistance between shield/drain wire and the ground wires in the SI circuits. There is no problem with left SI circuit and no problems with the SI circuits in transducer #1. Luckily, right channel in transducer #2 is used in the left array in the Doubleducer which already has other defects. This short circuit is not important when the transducer is used with it's original cable, but can have a negative effect when a long extension is used (unbalanced twisted pairs). The short circuit is probably caused by a fault in manufacturing and I think there is contact between piezo and copper shield inside the housing. Since all grounds are joined in the same connector pin, there is no way to detect this type of defect without cutting the cable, as far as I know.

Rickard

Offline abraquelebout

• volunteer rescue diver, surfer, publicist, submarine archaeology
  • Unit(s): 898, 1198, helix G2
  • Software: deep,,drdepht,reef.
  • Accessories: towfish lowbird /LSS2-hdsi, 60mcable
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »
By measuring the connector with an ohm meter i hope whe can detect default of si
the only diference  is made by the thermocouple and if the cable have default ?
if you look the xray picture, all ground sim's going in same conductor.
if i find money i would take transducer and with Milling machine and coat after coats i must take over the two array
i'm dreaming ::)
last week i find concentration of roman column in river
good job for towfish, the archéologist are enjoy...me to

Offline sonar2000

• Chief
  • Global Moderator
  • It is not lost ...it has been misplaced.
  • Unit(s): (1) 1197 (1) 1198
  • Software: 6.6
  • Accessories: Tow Fish
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2011, 05:45:33 PM »
Since HB does not build the transducer parts but only assemble.  I am wondering why we cant buy the parts separately from the manufacturer as does HB.........
I also wonder how we find out who makes these parts....
Maybe we sould buy the transducer from HB and tell them we do not want it assembled.... 8)
Chuck

Offline Rickard

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2011, 05:03:45 PM »
If I had a unit with 800 kHz capability I would be tempted trying with a Doubleducer with a SI transducer (262 & 455 kHz) and a HDSI transducer (455 & 800 kHz). Such a transducer could be operated at 262, 455 and 800 kHz. At 262 and 800 kHz the beam would be like in a standard transducer, but at 455 kHz the beam would be almost as good as in a Doubleducer with only SI or HDSI transducers (different shapes of sound windows will cause some extra contamination from sidelobes in a mixed Doubleducer). The cost is the same as for two separate transducers, but one would have extended functionality and less need for space for mounting. There would be no need for two cables or a switch.

Someone who wants to try...?

Rickard

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »
Hm, not that I want to try to make a combined transducer like yours Rickard. It would be a bit over my capabilities  ???.
But I was thinking of mounting a regular SI transducer and a HDSI transducer to my fish, when I have one of the newer units (997,998, 1197 or 1198).
My plan was to use two switches then: One switch for choosing between the fish and the transom mounted transducer, the second for choosing between the the Si and the HDSI transducer of the fish.
Of course there would be a second extended cable necessary for the fish, which would give more up drift to the towing cable. But with a decent depressor wing to fight that, I guess it would be doable.

Regards / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline abraquelebout

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2011, 05:04:44 AM »
in begining with the 1197 unit i take a transducer like this
ila_rendered
i conect it, 83 - 200 no problem
455 khz no problem
800 khz, bad picture, nothing
i read the doc of the transducer: it work in 83-200 and 455 khz not 800
if you take a 455 transducer and you want to work at 800 it's not possible
i think that a 455/800 khz must work with 262
and i see x ray picture a long time, rickard you've got the better solution with double transducer

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2011, 07:36:26 AM »
?? Now you confuse me Abra.

What sort of transducer is this? Is this a break through transducer for a 700 model?

If so, it would make sense, but if it is a break through transducer for the 900 or 1100 models, it should be working with 800 kHz too.

If you want to operate the fish with 262 kHz, you have to use the "old" SI transducer of the 981 and 987 models. These were operating with 455 and 262 kHz only. The newer HDSI transducers (HD stands for High Definition) are operating with 455 and 800 kHz.

You can use the old SI transducer with the 997, 998, 1197 or 1198, because there you can choose in the sonar menu what transducer you want to use.

Regards / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline abraquelebout

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2011, 09:25:53 AM »
no, it's the transducer sell with the 1197 to make a hull mounting
http://www.navicom.fr/plaisance/sondeurs/accessoire-sondeurs/sondes/sonde-traversante-plastique-side-imaging-xpth-9-hdsi180t#specifications
they sel us with the 1197 then if you read specification it's 83/200/455 (scandalous)
when you put the 1197 in 800 khz there's no good picture
i think the anciant transducer can't work in 800 khz
for 262, the 1197 don't work with this frequence ?

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2011, 11:27:57 AM »
The 1197 will work with the 262 kHz frequency Abra.
You just have to choose SI transducer in the sonar menu. Of course you would have to get a SI transducer like that:

http://store.humminbird.com/products/313990/XHS_9_SI_160_T

or this one:

http://store.humminbird.com/products/307279?product_id=330d7d7d1ff0c7841b36300f5d1c5a53

Wait a second: I was just looking at the site you linked Abra. This looks like an old transducer, because the description states that it should be working with the 981 and the 987. If so, it should be possible to use 262 kHz. Have you tried to use 262 kHz already?

Regards / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline RGecy

• Administrator
    • SideImagingSoft.com
  • Unit(s): 1197c SI, 997c SI & 785c2
  • Software: 4.950 & 4.510
  • Accessories: Interlink & GRHA
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »
Yes, it sounds like you got the older 262/455 version  instead of the 455/800.

Robert
Humminbird Guru and Forum Administrator

Offline abraquelebout

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2011, 05:17:50 PM »
i never use the 262 khz :-X
when i go on the SI capteur menu in my unit there's only 455 or 800
but if whe work with transducer  old and new to get 262/455/800 whe must use different way or conductor whith splitter because 800 khz in 455 transducer make very bad picture
in ethernet cable it's possible because there's lot of conductors, in mine there's only 5
i imagine 2 transducer, anciant with 262 and new wiith 455/800
when you want 262 you make a comutation an other to have 455/800
it's possible with 7 conductor cable
interesting idea

Offline Rickard

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
262, 455 and 800 kHz are transmitted through the same wires. No need for splitting frequencies on several wires. Harry must use a switch and two cables when using a SI and an HDSI on the towfish.  If he uses one cable and just split it close the transducers, 262 and 800 kHz will work as usual, but 455 kHz will be severely distorted because both transducers will transmit and receive while being too far apart. The 1/4 of a wavelength rule will be violated and ghost images will ruin the image.

I was out ice scanning all day with the Doubleducer and got nice results. But there is an issue with some type of interference that looks like hundreds of tiny bicycle wheel spokes in the radar images. This is not a big problem, but it's difficult to explain and find remedies. It seems as it's time dependent which indicates that it's some kind of system effect. Cable length, two transducers in parallel, the automatic algorithms which control ping rate, pulse length, transmit effect, bandwidth and sensitivity inside the unit etc, many possible sources for this. Next time out I will try with manual settings for most things and see what happens.

Once again I found how useful 262 kHz is when scanning with the Doubleducer at longer range for overview. I use 50 m with ethernet cable and cannot see any significant difference in sensitivity at all from using a standard transducer with the original 6 m cable. The Doubleducer seems to compensate to some extent for the long cable.

Harry, please, don't pretend being stupid! Making a double or triple or whatever ducer is really quite simple and I have seen glimpses from your workshop!  :)

Rickard

Some, perhaps all, of the HB units can be operated at any frequency from 800 kHz and below, ...provided you know which capacitors you need to add/exchange.... :-X :-\
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:45:25 PM by Rickard »

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2011, 03:44:33 AM »
Harry, please, don't pretend being stupid! Making a double or triple or whatever ducer is really quite simple and I have seen glimpses from your workshop!  :)

Rickard

Some, perhaps all, of the HB units can be operated at any frequency from 800 kHz and below, ...provided you know which capacitors you need to add/exchange.... :-X :-\

Thanks for your compliment Rickard, I'm honored when it comes from you!
Getting the mechanical part done is something I would trust myself to do. But the electronics / electrical side is giving me headaches. There I don't have the necessary back ground and actually the basic knowledge is mostly missing. It's more then 30 years now when I heard such stuff in Physics at school (if I way listening at all at the time  :-\).

I'll be gone for the next two weeks for a course in Northern Germany and will propably not have an access to the Internet, since the course is in some sort of barrack. Behave and stay safe!

Best regards / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline abraquelebout

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2011, 04:10:37 AM »
finaly next project for me : construct a doubleducer with 2 hdsi transducer in the same method of rickard
the only problem is connecting the reverse right an left array in the same cable
i hope cuting the two ducer cable, soldering wire in beggining at my 60 m towcable and if it's working well at 100 m of cat 7 ethernet cable.
i must find 600 € to buy 2 transducer
now i'm on moving boxen, i buy a home and i go on this month
rickard you make scan with double ducer again, can you publy some picture ?

Offline Rickard

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2011, 04:31:43 PM »
Abra,

Please be aware it's much harder to succeed with a HDSI transducer because of the high frequency, 800 kHz! If the 1/4 of a wavelength rule shall be obeyed precision must be better than 0.5 mm. But it's a tempting project, if you succeed the beam will be extremely narrow!

Since we have ice here, all testing must be done with rotation scanning. I have a series of images from `Norrahamnsvraket´ in Luleå in north of Sweden. The four images are: standard ducer at 262 kHz, Duobleducer at 262 kHz, standard ducer at 455 kHz and Doubleducer at 455 kHz. Depth is only 5 m so there is interference from ice 10 m from the center. Radius is 20 m. A good way to compare the images is to look at width of shadows. The wider the shadows, the better the image quality.

Standard at 262 kHz
ila_rendered

Double at 262 kHz
ila_rendered

Standard at 455 kHz
ila_rendered

Double at 455 kHz
ila_rendered
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:49:08 PM by Rickard »

Offline Rickard

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
Here are two images from yesterday. Only the Doubleducer at 455 kHz. There is one very nice thing with ice scanning, you can scan extremely close the bottom and get very good shadows from small/low structures.

Rickard

No idea what this is..?
ila_rendered

7 m sailing boat
ila_rendered

Offline abraquelebout

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2011, 02:54:07 PM »
thank's a lot rickard
wonderfull picture, double transducer give more detail, contrast and definitions image
you said no more than 0.5 mm marge of error for mounting a double hdsi transducter
is 't in position array between one of the other,or in space of them
i hope in position and space ?
0,5 mm , i Think it' possible to make it...

Offline Rickard

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2011, 04:50:42 PM »
Thanks Abra,

The margins are important within one array, left or right. Left and right array do not need to be parallel. I made a quick sketch where I try to indicate the critical locations for the margins. Don't forget this is a three-dimensional problem, but this was not possible to show in this simple sketch.

Rickard

ila_rendered [ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:08:49 PM by Rickard »

Offline PT

• Unit(s): 797C2
  • Software: 4.180
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 04:23:21 PM »
Rickard,

Quite remarkable images, a job well done.

I look forward to seeing the sea trials. What distance and depth do you expect to get out of the doubleducer?

Garry Burton has built a single channel fish that operates through a Lowrance sounder. A question. Could someone with a bit of knowledge (not me) aquire their own pezos and build a twin channel fish; and run it through a Humminbird?

Regards

Peter

Offline Rickard

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »
Hi Peter,

I think a regular and a doubleducer will have about the same depth and range performance. I have the impression, but that remains to be verified, that the doubleducer has longer range when a long cable is used.

Sure, it's possible to build a twin channel fish from scratch! In fact, that was my plan B if the doubleducer failed. Then I would pick out the piezos from the HB transducer and build my own arrays. I'm aware of Burton's products and expected he was going to present something for the HB SI-units. I'm not sure he's still in business.

Rickard

Offline abraquelebout

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2011, 05:02:29 PM »
hi rickard
i understand your picture, it's what i think, 0,5 mm in all direction it's not more but i think it's possible
if i lost it in 455 it may be good. i have 2 chances
like this text : We had not said to them that it was impossible, then they made it

Offline Rickard

Wiring in the Doubleducer
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »
I forgot about posting the wiring diagram of the Doubleducer here, it's been presented only in my profile until now. Anyway, here it is.

Rickardila_rendered

Offline PT

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2011, 08:52:07 AM »
Rickard,

Any new images from your Double Ducer?

Regards

Peter

Offline Rickard

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2011, 06:47:34 PM »
Hi Peter,

Yes, I have many, but they are all 'radar images' because of the long winter. I made my last ice-scanning trip today. The sun rapidly makes the 3 ft thick ice layer unreliable and it's time to prepare the boat. I will present some regular images in a few weeks when the ice is gone.

The image is one of the last I got today. Depth is only 12 ft which makes it difficult to avoid secondary returns from the ice. The radius is 150 ft. Frequency 262 kHz (my new favourite frequency due to good range and signal to noise performance). I use 150 ft with ethernet cable because I have prepared the doubleducer for use with my towfish later this season. The wreck is a tug that was scuttled about 80 years ago when the sawmill on the nearby island closed down.

Rickardila_rendered

Added: An old image from the same location obtained with a standard transducer at 262 kHz. The Doubleducer performs much better.
ila_rendered
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:54:36 AM by Rickard »

Offline abraquelebout

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »
hi rickard
nice and iterrestinng picture
the double ducer is the future
now i work in my hobby with achéologist
i joint the picture of an verry old wreck may be 400 after jc
it measure 6 m than 2,10 meter
towfish , 60 m leng cable, 800 khz
the small strait near the wreck are the referenced line in aluminium steel, they are made in 3 cm square bare of aluminiumila_rendered
i dream of a double 800 khz ducer... ::)

Offline PT

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2011, 05:50:31 AM »
Exciting find Abra,

Keep up the good work.

Peter

Offline Rickard

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2011, 10:00:44 AM »
Thanks Abra,

I wonder if we have such old wrecks in our waters? Perhaps we have, but we still haven't even found any true Swedish ship from the viking era and that was a few hundred years later than when your find sailed. I'll scan and scan until..... Please be content with your system, you have the best results with a long cable this far. No need for a doubleducer with that signal level at 800 kHz!

Rickard

Offline Rickard

The Doubleducer used with the towfish
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2011, 03:39:43 PM »
At last, ice is gone and water has transformed into a liquid! I have tested the Doubleducer with the towfish and everything works well. I knew quit well from ice-scanning what to expect and the most significant difference from a standard transducer can be seen at 262 kHz. At 455 kHz the difference is visible, but not as striking as at 262 kHz. I post an image from 30 m depth that shows a new find, a sailing boat. First image shows difference in range between 262 (lower part) and 455 kHz (upper part). The silt bottom is visible up to 20 m at 455 kHz and 50 m at 262 kHz. Rocks are visible at at least 100 m at 262 kHz. Thus, 262 kHz gives good resolution and long range and compensates well for the long (50 m) cable. Second image is a closeup of the boat at 455 kHz.

Rickardila_rendered
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:48:47 PM by Rickard »

Offline abraquelebout

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »
hi rickard
today 28 °, but there's waves, good time for surfing and not for scanning.
nice and interresting pictures, congratulation for result
whe have the same parameters between 455 and 800 khz
40m range in 455khz, and 17 m in 800 khz
if i have 2 transducer i must make a double duccer.....
good luck for your next survey
now i'm teatching the archeologist subaquatic chief to use towfish because i have my job and i can't go with them to make survey all around france ! :'(
ah, fu... job

Offline Roddy

• Scan,scan and rescan
  • Unit(s): 797c2, 947c,987SI/DI,570di,1198,1155,Ip
  • Accessories: wx/Tow Fish,Drop Cam's,ROV''s
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2011, 12:11:43 AM »
Richard; Real nice work, Well Done! Enjoy Roddy
Scan,Scan and Rescan Roddy

Offline abraquelebout

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
hi rickard
can you tell me what's the range you must get with 262 khz at 5 meter than ground ?
with 455 khz i must take 50 m range but good picture betwen 0 and 35 m
i wonder if  a 262/455/800 must be an ideal solution for us
i don't know if a 898 csi  work with this 3 mode ?

Offline Rickard

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2011, 01:52:45 PM »
Hi abra,

With a towfish altitude at 5 m I don't expect to 'see' more than 50 m at 262 kHz. I can see further at higher altitude, of course. The resolution sets a limit at about 50 m anyway.

I'm not sure either if the combined transducer would provide useful results. In theory, it can though. It's hard to find clues in the manuals for which types of transducer you can use with the various models. In the manuals for the 997 and 1197 models the answer can be read in the section 'Transducer select'. There the old SI transducer that operates at 262/455 kHz is called 'Sidescan', without any further explanation in terms of available frequencies. 262 kHz is not stated in the specifications although it's available in the units. You really have to be a detective to find out about the transducer options in the HB units. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything in the 898 manual that says anything in the direction of 262 kHz capability. I guess this is a perfect question for Greg?

Added: when looking at the display while scanning I can't see more than about 30 m at 262 kHz, but when viewing on a computer the range is 50 m.

Rickard
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:45:39 PM by Rickard »

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2011, 09:35:33 AM »
All but the 797 and 798 Si units have the 262/455kHz Si sonar option.

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2011, 02:42:17 PM »
Rickard,
congratulations to your results! And what a nice find  ;).

Not much to report from the sandbox. Been to Mazaar in the north last week and thought I stumbled into a sauna when got out of the plane. 40° and rising!

Keep us posted and good luck

Regards from the Hindukush / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline Rickard

Warning!!
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2011, 01:20:50 PM »
I ordered two new SI (262/455 kHz) transducers and started to build another Doubleducer. But I found after cutting away the rear parts that the elements are too dislocated. In one transducer the inclination of one SI element is far from the expected 60 degrees (see image). There are also other differences in locations of the elements which makes it impossible to build a Doubleducer with sufficient quality. After this second try I can't recommend this kind of project. I will probably retrieve the elements and build a Doubleducer from scratch at a later time, or put the rear parts back and turn the transducers into what they were.

The statistics are not flattering, two out of four transducers have proven to be defective in a way that presents great issues when making a doubleducer.

Rickard

ila_rendered
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 04:26:02 AM by Rickard »

Offline Jolly Roger

• HB Addicted
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2011, 02:49:01 PM »
That's bad news Rickard and I feel sorry for you. After all the time and money spent.....
I guess, I will have my transducers x-rayed when I'm back home. Maybe some weired pictures will be explained when seeing the results.

Regards from the sandbox / Harry
YES,......
WE SCAN!

Offline Rickard

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2011, 03:42:45 PM »
Thanks Harry, but I don't feel downhearted, this presents a new challenge - splitting the transducers and arranging ideal arrays! From the x-rays and the patent images it seems as if the transducers can be cut lengthwise between the SI elements and the circular downward elements. I think this method is healthier for the elements than complete exposure of the elements with help of some solvent. With these free pieces it should be much easier to line them up perfectly. Then they have to be fixated and protected in some way. The downward readings can be supplied by any regular 200 kHz transducer or by one of the elements from a slaughtered transducer, if a new housing can be arranged.

Take care in the sandbox...

Rickard

Offline Sea-Rover

• Unit(s): 1198c / HELIX 12
  • Software: 6.610 / 1.940
  • Accessories: Towfish 115m Cable / Terraintool-3D, ROV
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »
Hi,
has here a couple of test-pictures of my fish, pictures are in the category DIY-Towfisch.
Longer-Array with 2 x SH-B06T of 262kHz Piezzos, fish with 110 m cables
and waterproof plug.
First picture with 455kHz
further Photos 2-8 with 800kHz (262kHz Piezzos)!!

greets

Offline Sea-Rover

« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2011, 10:55:24 AM »
Pictures 2 - 8

Offline Rickard

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2011, 01:32:12 PM »
Congratulations Sea-Rover!
Very nice results! I didn't expect that signal level with a 110 m cable, what type of cable do you use? Have you built the transducer from scratch using piezos from a piezo manufacturer? The code SH-B06T is unknown to me. Added: I just found out SH-B06T is the same as the HB XPTH 9 HDSI 180 T transducer.
262 kHz piezos should work at 800 kHz since 3 * 262 = 786, close to 800. 786 is the first overtone in a 262 piezo, but I'm surprised to see the high signal level.
I'm curious to read more about your project!

Rickard
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:05:30 PM by Rickard »

Offline Sea-Rover

« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2011, 03:05:19 PM »
Thanks Rickard,
it was a writing-mistake, the Piezos is of the XTH-9SI-160-P.
I send soon a couple of pictures puts in of the manufacture the Transducer.
The backside absorption of the Piezos is very important (Neoprene), but also the stratum-thickness for out- and input of  ultrasonicsignals.
The cable is alpha-byte 6076C.
The plugs are LEMO-Swiss, pressure-party until 200m specifically for Medicine signale, the cable doesn't have any slip rings because loss of the signals.
Rest follows later

Sea-Rover

Offline Rickard

« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »
That's how things should be handled, just take what you need and make your own ducer! What do you mean by "slip rings", I don't know what that is? It looks as if you have joined the elements with contact between them, a design that could cause ringing, obviously, it doesn't in this case. I put in a thin sheet with cork between the elements to be sure to avoid ringing.
What material did you use for the sound window (the stratum)? I think you get good results because of several things: high-end cable, perfectly straight element array and optimized sound window. This winter I will.... :-)
Rickard

Offline Rüdiger

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2011, 06:09:22 AM »
Hi Sea-Rover

Congratulation, a very professional job, really "Swish precision".

mvh
Rüdiger

Offline abraquelebout

« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2011, 01:04:10 PM »
hi sea rover
good job, lke whe said in france "Je suis scotché !!"
the sh bo6t ducer is a 262 / 455 khz
it's very professional result

Offline Roddy

• Scan,scan and rescan
  • Unit(s): 797c2, 947c,987SI/DI,570di,1198,1155,Ip
  • Accessories: wx/Tow Fish,Drop Cam's,ROV''s
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »
Nice, top shelf,Enjoy Roddy
Scan,Scan and Rescan Roddy

Offline Sea-Rover

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2011, 06:41:37 AM »
Hi Roddy, Rüdiger and Rickard,
thank you all for your feedback. For a good device it needs good transducer.
In the drawing all the important points are covered for manufacturing.
Important work is an accurate piezos.
Defective coating on quartz is about repairing with silver conductive paint.
The cables must be of one piece with no breaks with solder, and ample plug the pressure seal.
Will still perform many tests .........

German is not difficult but English is more ........

Offline Sea-Rover

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2011, 06:57:30 AM »
hi abraquelebout ,
you have been unfortunately forgotten above, thank you ....

Offline Rickard

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2011, 06:59:55 AM »
Thanks,
for sharing all these details! I must ask about the first image that shows a "cavity", does it show an air containment in front of an SI element? If that's so, we have one more case with a defective transducer.
Rickard
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:44:43 AM by Rickard »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo