Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2435 times)

Offline birda40

• Unit(s): Wide Paramount , 899 ci si hd
Hello
« on: May 23, 2014, 07:58:41 AM »
I would like to say hello to all, I've just upgraded to the 899 rom my 1997 wide view paramount. Soooo glad I ran across your forums. At the moment I'm kind of lost. Read the instructions haven't updated or tested unit. My Bass boat is in Tenn, I am in Chicago. Will be going down in the next ew weeks, have to try an get the unit going before. The area my parents live in has  lets say dial up. No way I will be able to update there.
I am amazed at the new models. Thanks to all again.

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:11:09 AM »
Welcome to the Humminbird Side Imaging Forums birda40.
Sorry to hear that you are suffering from BBSS (Bass Boat Separation Syndrome) .  I suggest that you take two fishing trips and call the doctor in the morning!  ;D

You should try and run your unit in the Simulator mode to get familiar with what all the menus do as there are loots of differences between the ole Wide Paramount you used and the 899ci HD Si you bought.  A lot of the questions you have will already have been asked by others so try using the Search function of this web site but also do not hesitate to post questions.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline slabbacks

• Is it Friday yet!
  • Unit(s): 898c HD SI / 859ci HD
  • Software: 6.490
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 06:55:28 AM »
Welcome to the forum bird, I'm in middle TN and fish JPP, Normandy, Woods and Tims a lot.  I run the 898 and 859.  If some of those lakes sound familiar send me a message and we can meet up on the water.  Ill can show you the set up I use and help in any way I can.  good luck and a second opinion calls for 4 fishing trips lol
Tell them I've gone fishing!

Offline Bob B

• Unit(s): 1197c si, 1198c si
  • Software: 6.310, 6.490
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum bird, I'm in middle TN and fish JPP, Normandy, Woods and Tims a lot.  I run the 898 and 859.  If some of those lakes sound familiar send me a message and we can meet up on the water.  Ill can show you the set up I use and help in any way I can.  good luck and a second opinion calls for 4 fishing trips lol

I'd strongly recommend taking slabbacks up on this one......he has posted up some pretty good images and has done a lot of study.  He can definitely save you some time with the learning curve.
**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Offline slabbacks

• Is it Friday yet!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 06:23:51 PM »
thx Bob but I learned it from you all, just want to pass it on. 

Offline birda40

• Unit(s): Wide Paramount , 899 ci si hd
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 11:35:25 PM »

I will be around Savannah Tenn. fishing PickWick Dam and Waterloo Alabama. Thanks for the invite never know.
 Which map company do you guys use Lakemaster or Navionics, 200 seems a lil steep for a map?

Offline slabbacks

• Is it Friday yet!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 11:49:00 PM »
make sure you check and see the lake list for each.  I hear LM is good but the lakes I fish are not on them, NAV has my lakes so I use it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal