Author Topic: Customer service, or should I say the lack of.  (Read 3578 times)

Offline matth465

Customer service, or should I say the lack of.
« on: January 13, 2014, 06:26:19 PM »
Found this site which helped me with my decision to buy humminbird vs. lowrance awesome info and forum you have going here! I recently purchased a 798 HD SI and the first trip out with it I had a transducer bracket break, not pop up, not hit something, just break off from a top speed of 22 mph. Internet tells the story yes yes cheap plastic bad idea for transducer mount and humminbird should be well aware of this by now. Owned one week used once humminbird WILL NOT SEND ME ANOTHER $20 MOUNT AFTER BUYING A $1000 UNIT AND HAVING A FAILURE FIRST TIME OUT. Can anyone give me any info or who I should talk to in order to get this resolved? This is PISS POOR customer service from humminbird and makes me question my decision to not buy a lowrance! Love the forum and planned on posting some screenshots for some help with settings but now I have doubts if I should even keep the unit for fear of having to constantly buy new mounts or an expensive aftermarket mount and what if something happens to the display are they gonna tell me im SOL?

Offline Rotus623

• Unit(s): 898c hd si, 798 hd si
  • Software: 6.49
Re: Customer service, or should I say the lack of.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 09:07:11 AM »
Well this is quite rare..... Those mounts are designed to break BEFORE the transducer shatters. I have hit logs in the river, and my mount was good to go, as well as the transducer. Remember you get more bees with honey. You wont want to hear this but I'd say that you more than likely overtightened one of the screws, or maybe did hit something and didn't realize it. The guys on here are more than willing to help, but you have to approach the issue in a calm fashion. I think that's why you haven't had a response yet. Just keep trying. I think that eventually they will let you sent the "faulty" mount back and replace it with a new one. As for future issues, they stand behind their units, are great with warranty, and even offer very reasonably priced fees for post warranty repair.

This forum is top notch, and I have learned so much about my unit, how to use it and so-on. Also great for troubleshooting. This forum is THE #1 reason why I chose Humminbird. You will not find this much support on the net on Lowrance products at this time. If you want to swap the unit for a Lowrance out of spite, go for it. But I think you will regret it in the end.

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 11:37:48 AM »
Welcome to the Humminbird Side Imaging Forums matth465.
Sorry your first post has to be of this nature.  If you would like; please e-mail me your name, address and your Customer Reference Number and I will ask someone to look into this.
Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Offline matth465

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:45:36 AM »
Greg,

I appreciate the response! Humminbird has agreed to send me another bracket. After talking with another representative everything is good to go. The first person I was working with was not very helpful nor informative on the situation however I was able to get it worked out. Once I get everything back together I will have to put up some screen shots. Again, awesome forum here looking forward to using my new SI unit!

Offline Dieago

• Unit(s): 999si
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »
Ive never had a product failure issue with a humminbird product sense Johnson took over and Ive installed plenty for costumers but I have used the chat service with support and the woman that I always seem to talk to always wants to make sure shes helped me all she can!
“I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!”

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo