Side Imaging Forums > Solix

Solix position accuracy

(1/3) > >>

clarko:
Can an external gps puck antenna be added to Solix?

N9Phil:
yes you can.  I use the one that came with my 360.  You do need  a splitter cable as shown below

GPS Receivers
GPS Receivers. Items per page: 12; 24; 48. AS GPS HS. ​Precision NMEA0183 GPS Receiver with Heading Sensor. Details Add to Cart $199.99. loading image ... Added to your cart. AS GPS NMEA. ​GPS/NMEA 0183 Splitter Cable for ONIX and SOLIX Series. Details Add to Cart $49.99. loading image. AS GPS NMEA
https://www.humminbird.com/productCategory.aspx?id=3650

FishinLite:
Does the separate receiver/antenna improve the accuracy or just relocate the point on your boat that is marked. 

N9Phil:
I wouldn't think there would be any more accuracy than the internal GPS  You might do a Google search on high definition GPS and see what is said.  You can also use a NMEA GPS with the Solix.

clarko:
What I’m most interested in is the accuracy of the boats heading. It’s actual location on the water is already very accurate but when you slow down or stop then the direction your boat is pointing in relation to what shows on the screen lags behind.  At least that was the problem with the Lowrance HDS units I had previously.  Adding the external puck increased the refresh rate and kept screen position in line with actual boat position.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version