Author Topic: NVB ?  (Read 2043 times)

Offline akgoff4

• Unit(s): 797c2si
NVB ?
« on: May 13, 2011, 09:22:02 AM »
I have 797c2 NVB.  I bought it in 2007.  Can anyone tell me what maps / charts are on it?

Navionics site is not helpful, and I did not see anything on the HB site.  I have sent HB 2 emails with no response, and 1 to Navionics with no response. Barcode says HM02 003121.  I can speculate, but does anyone know FOR SURE?

The HB website, currently says it comes with gold and hotmaps premium, but there was a menu item I went to on the unit that I could choose the map overlay (or something like that) - I could choose from auto, gold+, and hotmaps.  I have always had it set on auto. When I choose gold, then I got basically a blank map (I sm s couple of hours inland, and no local lakes would show up).  Is it that hotmaps cover inland lakes; whereas, gold charts are coastal/saltwater? 

Offline Humminbird_Greg

• Humminbird Helper
  • Humminbird Staff
  • I help because I can
    • Humminbird Web Site
Re: NVB ?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 11:46:59 AM »
akgoff4,
For a list of maps for the NVB units; go to the FAQ part of the Humminbird.com web site and do a search for “NVB”.  One of the options that pops up should be for a lake list.  Just be sure and select “Search” with your mouse’s cursor.

How long ago did you e-mail Humminbird?  They are usually behind in responding to e-mailed messages due to it being the busy part of the year for them – phone calls take precedence.

The Hotmaps from Navionics are for inland lakes while the marine Charts are coastal.  When the Navionics marine charts first came out they were all “Gold+” so we use that term in our units still.  Navionics uses marine Charts for saltwater and the Great Lakes.

Greg Walters at Humminbird
gwalters@johnsonoutdoors.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal